Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Why not a "jRPG Developers" aggregation?

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
In the "General RPG Discussion" forum we have a "RPG Developers" aggregation/sub-forum.

Why not do the same for the "jRPG Weeaboo Discussion" forum?
There's enough big and still active jRPG devs whose games spawn dozens of threads here - From Soft, Squeenix, Atlus, Capcom, Sega, Namco, Tecmo, Nippon Ichi, etc.
It would be more pratical to have all their associated threads under the "same roof"

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
If it gets all the fromsoft threads out of the main pool I am for it.

Seriously, you can't talk about Souls games without tripping over some weeb cartoon sex offender shit. :lol:
if you feel the urge to talk about souls shit in public, you're part of the problem
Ok Switchboy.
Just calm down, kiddo. Lie flat on your back. Accept death. We will all be very thankful.

Hell Swarm

Educated
If it gets all the fromsoft threads out of the main pool I am for it.

Seriously, you can't talk about Souls games without tripping over some weeb cartoon sex offender shit. :lol:
Maybe have a sex offender containment subforum only accessible after a year? Maybe get a nice glowie to moderate it?
I've already ignored all Souls-like threads because I'm a heterosexual but I support the cause.
Sure thing Moon walker. How many kids do you have in your car boot!?

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I still say all Souls threads should be moved to GRPG. Also the Dragon's Dogma and Stellar Blade threads.
That would merely undermine the Codex's eventual realization that we love Japanese-developed RPGs.

ViC5Xak.png

Nathaniel3W

Rockwell Studios
Patron
Developer
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I love how every discussion on this site ends with someone calling someone else gay and accusing him of being a child-molester or whatever. You guys are the best.
:dance:
What's up H. P. Lovecraft's Cat ? I think this is the first time I've spoken to you outside the Prosperium in years.

DJOGamer PT why not encourage the weebs to discuss Japanese developers under RPG Developers? Will the normal RPG-dev-discussers feel uncomfortable having the dirty JRPG-dev-discussers around?

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
That would merely undermine the Codex's eventual realization that we love Japanese-developed RPGs.
I don't know. It kind of pisses me off when people refer to Wizardry and other blobbers as "JRPGs". Same thing goes for "Mystery Dungeon" games, which are rogue-lites. Saying those are JRPGs just because some of them were developed in Japan is like going to a MacDonald's franchise in Tokyo, owned by a Japanese dude with a Japanese crew, and calling the Big Mac you just had, "Japanese Cuisine". It's retarded weeb behavior.

Furthermore, some weeb neckbeard in a Western country cranking out an RPGMaker game doesn't make that new game any less a JRPG. It'll have pretty much all the hallmarks of a JRPG because that's what RPGMaker does well, and no one will look at it or play it and question the fact that it's a JRPG. It's queer that the distinction only seems to go one way.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I don't know. It kind of pisses me off when people refer to Wizardry and other blobbers as "JRPGs". Same thing goes for "Mystery Dungeon" games, which are rogue-lites. Saying those are JRPGs just because some of them were developed in Japan is like going to a MacDonald's franchise in Tokyo, owned by a Japanese dude with a Japanese crew, and calling the Big Mac you just had, "Japanese Cuisine". It's retarded weeb behavior.
Yes, that is why I always state Japanese-developed RPGs rather than JRPGs, using the latter term solely to refer to a specific CRPG subgenre characterized by an emphasis on narrative revolving around predetermined characters while having simplified combat and exploration. The Codex has selected Japanese-developed RPGs as its Game of the Year for 2012, 2016, and 2022, and if the Kingdom Come sequel is delayed into this year, then we're almost certain to have one be GotY 2024 as well. +M

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
@DJOGamer PT why not encourage the weebs to discuss Japanese developers under RPG Developers? Will the normal RPG-dev-discussers feel uncomfortable having the dirty JRPG-dev-discussers around?
That wouldn't be proper with the current organization of the RPG discussion forums
For that we would have to merge the RPG and jRPG forums which would be a pain in the ass for the admins and an outrage for most members (so I guess yes on your second question)
Nah, as it stands its easier and honestly more efficient to keep them distinct

However it doesn't make sense why one forum should lack for such a good feature and be left half-baked, when it's also such an important one related to the purported goal of this website (the discussion of RPGs) and seems to exhibit comparable activity to its more "complete" counterpart

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom