Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress X-Piratez! Ironman! No spoilers! Oldschool X-COM Total Conversion with mutant amazon pirates. Death to the star gods!

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Much more free time from now on. Will do an update tomorrow probably.
If only you had specified which tomorrow!
In my defense, when I replied to that it was 2AM and I'd forgotten I'd need to dick around to install an update. I got the update downloaded and the save filed backed up, gotta remember how the install works now.

Damned Registrations

MOTHER FUCKER. I started writing out the update and then misclicked while checking an alert and it fucking ate the post. At least it was a short one and only half done...

Damned Registrations

I've been putting this off because with the update and having not played in a while, it's a pain to get going again. But I knew once I started I'd be hooked, so I've decided to just go ahead and play at least a little and do a mini update.

So, after copying and shuffling various files around, starting up, realizing the config is wrong, finding and moving that over... it's time to see how fucked the research is.

Pretty fucked. Well, that was to be expected.
JUe75qB.png

Also had to go through all the production recipes in case a new one showed up. In multiple bases in case it was specific to a certain building. Yaaaay...
a17bReN.png

And then also check every one of these categories for new entries.
MCiUwTN.png

And also check for new training/transformation options. A nice QoL touch to the UI was added though, which lets you select transformations from the stat screen instead of the roster. Handy.
sogoNGj.png

Anyways, we got a tentacle pit to clear out! I can't recall exactly what we tried last time, but I distinctly recall coming to the conclusion that what we should have done is go in with power armour and apply extreme force, instead of trying to charm them like the mission suggested. So: Extreme force. After checking the stat block, it seems like daze is the way to go, surprisingly. The flechette rockets should also be quite effective. I feel like these things weren't so vulnerable to daze last time, but I can't be assed to go check the LP since I haven't labled the updates. I guess search function would find it. Meh.
TtANxyV.png

And upon starting the mission: Betrayal! We don't get our loader suit. We're naked, and don't even have all the gear I wanted to bring. I actually intended to just reload the save at this point, being so fucking fed up with this stupid troll mission eating my gnomes, but I figured I'd at least check to see if the mission itself was changed... and we won! 2 stun grenades (all we could carry, one in the gun and one in hand) were enough to knock out one of the monsters from the ledge above the big room, and on moving forward, we had also knocked out another in the room at the same time with the splash. The last one went down to be kicked in the nuts repeatedly. I strongly suspect the difficulty for this got toned down, a lot. Anyways, I didn't even bother taking screenshots of this since I expected to die.
rp5lTQp.png

Results were simple: 3 hives captured, no other items. Huzzah! Pet tentacle monsters for everyone!
s1i1fa3.png

On to the researches:

First up it seems a new early game SMG was added. Also, I don't think those SMG ammo types existed before, at least not for standard SMGs. Before you needed fancy guns to shoot fancy ammo. I suppose it matters little if you can't craft it early on anyways.
nKBqae9.png

I chose ambition over the other flaw, as it simply seemed more thematic than 'order'.
yhISbYb.png

Apparently it matched perfectly with the mage class captain I selected? Not sure if this is a good or bad thing. Maybe it doesn't matter. Or maybe there's another mage variant if we'd selected order instead. It is a grand mystery! Anyways, we're clearly all in on this spellcasting shit. Or at least I am.
BJNqErF.png

Vast majority of the researches were just reestablishing shit we already did or whatever, but we got a couple new unlocks:
fnUWqqS.png

Lots of new interrogations and databooks we can research again. Probably mostly just more lore fluff, but who knows. I like this stuff at any rate, it's part of what motivates me to keep playing.
cMiE3N9.png

Weirdly, only 2 of the Dr. X options were available when I loaded the save, but the rest came back as well. We'll be going ahead with the Prank option. Also, one of the captain type options is still here? Not sure if I should pick this. I feel like I should? Gah, this is why updates suck.
K6hybQL.png

Finally another space mission! I think this is one of the lamer ones, but we can at least get some stasis pods, which we need a ton of and are hard to manufacture.
Qp30k1O.png

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Weirdly, only 2 of the Dr. X options were available when I loaded the save, but the rest came back as well. We'll be going ahead with the Prank option. Also, one of the captain type options is still here? Not sure if I should pick this. I feel like I should? Gah, this is why updates suck.
I think both the new flaw and captain thing you researched means you are now a multi-class captain? Depends on what you took all the way back I guess. A bit scuffed, but it should not lead to any problems.

lightbane

Arcane
Yay, update! LoL on the troll mission. What can you do with these tentacle monsters?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom