Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress X-Piratez! Ironman! No spoilers! Oldschool X-COM Total Conversion with mutant amazon pirates. Death to the star gods!

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Much more free time from now on. Will do an update tomorrow probably.
If only you had specified which tomorrow!
In my defense, when I replied to that it was 2AM and I'd forgotten I'd need to dick around to install an update. I got the update downloaded and the save filed backed up, gotta remember how the install works now.

Damned Registrations

MOTHER FUCKER. I started writing out the update and then misclicked while checking an alert and it fucking ate the post. At least it was a short one and only half done...

Damned Registrations

I've been putting this off because with the update and having not played in a while, it's a pain to get going again. But I knew once I started I'd be hooked, so I've decided to just go ahead and play at least a little and do a mini update.

So, after copying and shuffling various files around, starting up, realizing the config is wrong, finding and moving that over... it's time to see how fucked the research is.

Pretty fucked. Well, that was to be expected.
JUe75qB.png

Also had to go through all the production recipes in case a new one showed up. In multiple bases in case it was specific to a certain building. Yaaaay...
a17bReN.png

And then also check every one of these categories for new entries.
MCiUwTN.png

And also check for new training/transformation options. A nice QoL touch to the UI was added though, which lets you select transformations from the stat screen instead of the roster. Handy.
sogoNGj.png

Anyways, we got a tentacle pit to clear out! I can't recall exactly what we tried last time, but I distinctly recall coming to the conclusion that what we should have done is go in with power armour and apply extreme force, instead of trying to charm them like the mission suggested. So: Extreme force. After checking the stat block, it seems like daze is the way to go, surprisingly. The flechette rockets should also be quite effective. I feel like these things weren't so vulnerable to daze last time, but I can't be assed to go check the LP since I haven't labled the updates. I guess search function would find it. Meh.
TtANxyV.png

And upon starting the mission: Betrayal! We don't get our loader suit. We're naked, and don't even have all the gear I wanted to bring. I actually intended to just reload the save at this point, being so fucking fed up with this stupid troll mission eating my gnomes, but I figured I'd at least check to see if the mission itself was changed... and we won! 2 stun grenades (all we could carry, one in the gun and one in hand) were enough to knock out one of the monsters from the ledge above the big room, and on moving forward, we had also knocked out another in the room at the same time with the splash. The last one went down to be kicked in the nuts repeatedly. I strongly suspect the difficulty for this got toned down, a lot. Anyways, I didn't even bother taking screenshots of this since I expected to die.
rp5lTQp.png

Results were simple: 3 hives captured, no other items. Huzzah! Pet tentacle monsters for everyone!
s1i1fa3.png

On to the researches:

First up it seems a new early game SMG was added. Also, I don't think those SMG ammo types existed before, at least not for standard SMGs. Before you needed fancy guns to shoot fancy ammo. I suppose it matters little if you can't craft it early on anyways.
nKBqae9.png

I chose ambition over the other flaw, as it simply seemed more thematic than 'order'.
yhISbYb.png

Apparently it matched perfectly with the mage class captain I selected? Not sure if this is a good or bad thing. Maybe it doesn't matter. Or maybe there's another mage variant if we'd selected order instead. It is a grand mystery! Anyways, we're clearly all in on this spellcasting shit. Or at least I am.
BJNqErF.png

Vast majority of the researches were just reestablishing shit we already did or whatever, but we got a couple new unlocks:
fnUWqqS.png

Lots of new interrogations and databooks we can research again. Probably mostly just more lore fluff, but who knows. I like this stuff at any rate, it's part of what motivates me to keep playing.
cMiE3N9.png

Weirdly, only 2 of the Dr. X options were available when I loaded the save, but the rest came back as well. We'll be going ahead with the Prank option. Also, one of the captain type options is still here? Not sure if I should pick this. I feel like I should? Gah, this is why updates suck.
K6hybQL.png

Finally another space mission! I think this is one of the lamer ones, but we can at least get some stasis pods, which we need a ton of and are hard to manufacture.
Qp30k1O.png

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Weirdly, only 2 of the Dr. X options were available when I loaded the save, but the rest came back as well. We'll be going ahead with the Prank option. Also, one of the captain type options is still here? Not sure if I should pick this. I feel like I should? Gah, this is why updates suck.
I think both the new flaw and captain thing you researched means you are now a multi-class captain? Depends on what you took all the way back I guess. A bit scuffed, but it should not lead to any problems.

lightbane

Arcane
Yay, update! LoL on the troll mission. What can you do with these tentacle monsters?

Damned Registrations

New update adds a little progress bar for enemy turns. Nice touch, though enemy turns are still basically instant except when they need to open a door, it seems to pause to play the sound effect.
rSW97ad.png

Space mission was a cakewalk, especially since I no longer feel compelled to capture most people I encounter.
o9xFPIz.png

Loot was pretty much what I expected, a few castaways in pods. Honestly at this point it's the pods that we need more of, I'm overloaded on viable recruits now.
76K2tRV.png

Speaking of, welcome aboard! This will be the last named recruit I make probably. Though if we pick up another Syn I'll probably name it after Luka again. Between all the good characters we can get now and how easy they are to keep alive (or bring back!) it's hard to fit new people in. I believe this is our first Damsel I'll be using. Mind you, the plan is to throw her into a Bio tank to make up for her lowly fresh recruit peasant stats (not that lowly, clearly, she's gotten some training already) so we won't be seeing any Damsel witches this game, barring some upheaval from the shadowlands.
PWIxdAH.png

Behold, the list of candidates for the pet tentacle hive promotion! Which is all the hives are good for. Rather surprised that our robo gal gets on the list but not regular gals.
NfyF42Q.png

Anyways, since the main benefits of the hive are extra freshness and max bravery, we'll give her one for sure. Also realized I should Nep her. I think I was keeping freshness low on purpose before for cigar shenanigans, but at this point higher is better.
gItONJv.png

Latest gnome tech, pretty sure this was added with the update?
XpOTi94.png

It's certainly interesting. Red shields have such oddball weaknesses it should be relatively safe. It grants flight, and a long (24 tiles) flamethrower with infinite ammo. And we did, in fact, get one for free like the tech page said! Rather annoying it's weak to cold, but whatever... probably good for one of those weird mage missions.
aOwJnMO.png

Not sure what I was expecting from the prank option, but this'll do I suppose.
TTplM9d.png

Ah, we have to butter her up now like with red mage? Interesting.
AzJftZQ.png

Got a humanist arsenal mission and decided to give Maria both the vampiric items to see if she could clear the entire bunker in one round. Sadly, they don't seem to stack! I didn't get any TU's back at all. Lame. Ah well, the skull is still awesome in the hads of Gandalf anyways.
EzgwyI5.png

Free sivalinga stone! Nice. Will hold for now I think.
af1JpO5.png

After the prank we got the option to loot her car. May as well, but it seems to lack anything new or important...
b6hlAhh.png

Another new research from the update. Probably would have been handy at some point, but it's outdated now.
kr9utty.png

Woo! Return to shadowlands!
ibKcZry.png

Sadly, I fucked up and tried to bring the version of avenger armour with the shield, which is banned because the shield is a weapon. Argh.
g0sZgaB.png

Well, we got to bring the shade this time. Apparently she gets void palm as her default attack, which is pretty fucking awesome.
nCV6z7w.png

Annoyingly, I can't research these guys because we can't bring back their bodies, dead or alive. Still no idea what his stats are.
TFHUnCP.png

Those weird bone shields did a number on our ghost gal; draining freshness and morale rapidly. Mind damage, I think?
5b6wdlg.png

Meanwhile Gandalf got fucked up by one of the swords, which is significantly more dangerous, apparently! Annoyingly, our normal innate regen stats don't work here. I think freshness converts to health over time, but we lost that too.
jxGrrgj.png

Thankfully, all those extra transition maps and slides were skipped on this run, though it did give us this one at the end...
GVT3ZUm.png

Some nice combat xp on Echidna, who is usually stuck on the ship playing doctor.
zHigR6O.png

No new loot, though the dream echoes should unlock more research...
ykMfleJ.png

New title! VP is the hardest stat to raise iirc, so this is pretty nice, even if it is so slow we'll probably never see two points from it.
0WpGjrW.png

Almost makes up for Gandalf getting wounded for over two weeks. :argh: Dioxine got brought along as well and was also wounded fairly bad. Thankfully a trip back to codexia cuts this down to 10 days, but it's still annoying. Bio Suit healing has spoiled me.
KkAQlH1.png

Another new update research. Ninja to Glamour pipeline would be nice, if they'd actually fly around so we could catch some. We've none left in our stockpiles sadly, pretty sure I turned them into uber slaves or something.
4475OZ1.png

I want to give Pyrite accolades and max her stats, but 16 days for like, 3 hp? Ugh. Feels not worth it.
otjrg1j.png

New bit of lore. Recruitable Mutons when?
VF30oDq.png

Dream echoes giving us specs on gear we can't bring back. Nice to know, even if it didn't unlock anything yet. Pretty much just a normal sword that also scales with voodoo. Maybe if it reveals the shield we can fire them?
72UwfNa.png

$$$$$$$
dgl4uJm.png

Found this while trying to look for uses for mutant tokens. I thought there was a 'date Saya' option? Did we do that already? I couldn't find a reference to it. Anyways, seems this will progress the Dr. X plot.
As1gn8g.png

Found the new classes and stuff while looking. Very mysterious. Will definitely look up what this all affected after we win.
MHzHpFl.png

Found this too. Did we get this screen when we won the fight? Can't remember, but it was listed as new.
3H0PNFA.png

Also noticed this; I'd kinda forgotten about progressing our bounty level. Only leads right now are the witch quests (ugh) and that White Dragon bounty, which will eat all our glamour. Still, I think we're close to that, so maybe I'll try for that soon. I can probably rustle up some more glamour from monster sacrificing, it's just kind of tedious to do all the manufacturing jobs.
AYKjLjn.png

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Got a humanist arsenal mission and decided to give Maria both the vampiric items to see if she could clear the entire bunker in one round. Sadly, they don't seem to stack! I didn't get any TU's back at all. Lame. Ah well, the skull is still awesome in the hads of Gandalf anyways.
The skull is a bio effect, I think the sword is too, and syns resist bio a lot.
Another new research from the update. Probably would have been handy at some point, but it's outdated now.
kr9utty.png
5 months payback time (in practice 6 since the 32 day construction time), and 50 culture, and causes random structures to explode? This seems like a horrible fucking deal. 3 lab space might be worth it early on I guess? Depends on when you would normally unlock it.
Sadly, I fucked up and tried to bring the version of avenger armour with the shield, which is banned because the shield is a weapon. Argh.
Pretty sure it's just this mission which bans all armor, except the first time?
The actual pre-reqs for lvl A is:
No idea which one(s) you don't have at this point. Absolutely no idea how it relates to the 4 dragons, especially since there's 5 prereqs. You also need massive amounts of glamor to make the badge.

I was going to say lvl A is kinda unfinished anyway since it has only a single mission, but it seems it has two now, and one of them is the only repeatable way to capture a certain enemy that is good to interrogate (and hard to capture).

Damned Registrations

Nah it seems to be a feature of the shadowlands in general (assuming there are more shadowlands missions) and the avenger armour is one of the special ones you can wear into it. But not with the shield. Possibly because the shield is a techno addon while the armour itself is some weird voodoo shit we found in a cave. Misfortune armour should be allowed inside as well, assuming I ever find another piece.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Nah it seems to be a feature of the shadowlands in general (assuming there are more shadowlands missions) and the avenger armour is one of the special ones you can wear into it. But not with the shield. Possibly because the shield is a techno addon while the armour itself is some weird voodoo shit we found in a cave. Misfortune armour should be allowed inside as well, assuming I ever find another piece.
Nah, I'm pretty sure I tried bringing both shielded and unshielded and it doesn't work on this mission, except the first time. It's just scripted weirdly. No idea about misfortune armor, I never found enough fragments to assemble one.

Damned Registrations

Wraith stats are interesting, lots of defenses, pretty varied.
R92Ex1Z.png

Lots of Dr. X text dumping incoming.
4XqQskm.png
jUsfway.png

Brief lizard man interlude. Sadly, of the several prisoners I could interrogate, this was the only info I got. That cardinal we're holding onto still is useless again.
Phe6KZj.png

Nice to know what this does if we end up in shadowrealms again.
4l6GDTi.png

Apparently Damsels can't drive tanks. Well, fuck. I suppose I'll have to make some power armour or somehting then.
4RGmtxT.png

Got this snippet from an arcane tome. Should have had this dossier like, 1 year into the fucking game.
ZdShuIq.png

So, naturally, it was a key requirement for what sounds like an incredibly important research branch. :rage:
ZFIRCPQ.png

:discohitler:
GqWAxyJ.png

Damn, that's a nice consumable. Sucks that all this shadowrealm stuff can't be taken out.
Fm7UmuR.png

Short research break to massacre some poor bandits with power armour and laser gatlings.
UZ0Ad63.png

I find it amusing they didn't even try to get a similar face on this picture. BOOBIES.
aztqdMn.png

If there's a drawback to getting higher ranks early, it's potentially missing out on shit like this because the intended encounters become too rare. I'll probably need to do a 'buy one of everything' trawl through the prisoner market at some point to make sure there's nothing else.
wNmDK93.png

Weird that this was linked to it. We already had the bat and it wasn't even worth using iirc.
LilLAAP.png

More shadowrealm info. An interesting item for sure; those are some crazy good defensive stats too.
boJcwYr.png

Ninjas finally spat out an APC but in my eagerness I shot it down inside their radar zone. Since I'd rather not get my transport exploded by fighters, I opt to leave it there. Learning! Luckily they launched another a bit later for me to capture.
8SH7txW.png

Yet another one of these. Indeed, I wasn't allowed to bring either type of avenger armour, despite it being listed here. Weird.
g67nOtF.png

Well, we got another weapon we can bring to the shadowlands. Assuming we ever get a mission where we can bring anything at all. :argh:
2bhcTBj.png

Doesn't even disassemble into somehting cool.
FrJpBxO.png

Interesting item, seems to function more like an energy healing stick than a real weapon.
amdLXGo.png

Was wondering what that whole 'squires can be upgraded with training thing' was going to be. All we had to do was beat up half a dozen cardinals, build a tower of wizardry, and exchange the bones of dozens of demons to unlock the required tech! Hilariously, this training requires expending both a doom armour (which we can make but it's not super cheap) and a void salt. Yeah, fuck that.
GKp0uYu.png

New item added for early game. Probably wouldn't make much difference, but I can see it being a good space filler early on.
QNhCtrM.png

So, this was a thing I was trying desperately to unlock way back at the begining by winning a race. Honestly probably cost us a bundle by wasting hangar space with race cars instead of fighters.
y3HS6eR.png

In a previous game, I got this unlocked super early, well before the shadowtech stuff. Beyond obsolete now. Weird it took so long to trigger.
QRX5uQx.png

Robo-Princess is back with her pet! Behold her mighty 10 bravery! And other stats too I guess.
yVc9eNI.png

Slutting up the ninjas apparently spits them back out sometimes, consumes them entirely, or turns them into... Lewd Ninjas? That's new. More research is obviously needed.
rekoziz.png

Ooh, incoming catgirls!
UCQY1y7.png

Wow, this would have been really awesome stuff like, 4 years ago.
5KtP50t.png

Got the other too apparently.
yNP7qz2.png

New mission? I always feel weird when I can't tell if the mission is an old one we missed or a new one to kick my ass.
z1PwYYP.png

Noticed that irradiators and microwave cookers are underwater weapons apparently. Neat.
u8ploJW.png

Map is annoyingly large. Pretty standard cave fare honestly, enemies were just crabs.
igJFnwE.png

Man, these sonic pistols are fun in this setting.
vos2BIr.png

Didn't expect the treasure chest to be so tiny. Well, it was indeed an old easy mission, but gems are still a nice reward!
DPJzsjM.png

More knock-on effects from that bogeyman research. This seems pretty important and weird that we were able to skip it.
aFpPQIm.png

Hmmm. Capital letters imply it might be a big research and not just a building? Guess we'll see soon enough. And a Syn upgrade! Probably a shitty one, but hey, better than nothing.
Qq7cPt1.png

Probably going to stuff our new damsel into this. Because it's funny.
GAog5Xb.png

New catgirl wasn't terribly impressive. Well trained, but few titles means she's already falling behind the slave ones. Had this nice title though. Well, morale -4 isn't nice, but those stats are.
edFxt1K.png

Damned Registrations

Le fuck?

23cTOsW.png

This came with the catgirls. I feel like these normally drop from like, bandits or something? And we've just been really unlucky to not find any so far.
g5wRU1F.png

:yeah:
saAE77J.png

Seems it's a manufacturing item, like the land deeds. Sadly, it requires a reaper to construct (the big horny alien) so no benefit for us at this point.
HGZ9pzJ.png

More dream echo results. I knew this guy was fragile from our fights, but wow, that's surprisingly squishy. Very weak to mind too.
xXyaC4v.png

More Dr.X lore.
alS7ddN.png

Alright, fuck this lore shit! Now that Gandalf is finally healed up, I'm ready to go raiding enemy bases with our sick red and blue shield outfits.
xNz4OrF.png

Aww fuck it's a merc base. Welp, guess this is the update now, because this is the one base we can't steamroll.
mifPa0J.png

Bad news is, the game shoved all our catgirls into one room. with basically nobody to tank for them. On the bright side, it's fairly defensibe, with only one entrance and it's not even exposed from all sides. The other saving grace is that the one gal that is here is Gandalf, who is probably worth like 4 normal gals.
tFqVHNp.png

Other position is also easily defended, and has all our gals in power armour.
KoObyah.png

Enemy responds to catgirls with a measured, tactical blowing up of their own shit. Thankfully they didn't get it through the elevator to hit our healer.
PPUobIc.png

Assault catgirls are dispatched to clear the vicinity. Mercs are weak to bio, so the poisoned daggers work wonders here.
eS312Dk.png

Mercs also use gauss weapons, which the blue and red shields shrug off quite well.
xajbYOx.png

Hovertank sighted. These are what I'm really worried about. It's a bit far away, but those laser stars put out insane damage and shred the shields with time to spare to run back to safety.
SECo0cS.png

Follow up with a mini emp bomb... SCORE! Scratch one hovertank.
6pEB0Gl.png

Meanwhile, Gandalf is having a field day.
IDGEtLo.png

Actually got to fire so many times we ran out of morale entirely. Luckily we've got cures for that.
zJ6JZm8.png

We've also managed to capture a lot of targets. Thankfully, mercs are also very weak to mind damage, which makes keeping them asleep fairly easy. Cobra and Herder staves both work nicely as well.
2E8DHdH.png

Brainhack ability from our gnome would be great here... but it's out of sight. Stupid dark merc bases. Come on, it's got a glowy shield, how can you not see it!
FNgIA2Z.png

Dioxine is along for some training too. Sadly, the mammoth shotgun he's toting isn't much use here, this guy just shrugged off like 9 shots from it.
h59hfMc.png

That's okay, Gandalf appreciates a target rich environment.
qL6Se6U.png

Pyrite finishing off survivors as well. This is actually a great combo.
qM9fI7a.png

Utold carnage and it's only turn 5 still.
CSxLemB.png

Prisoners neatly stacked along one wall for easy management.
J48wFzW.png

Minor fuckup left Pyrite stranded down on the main floor, but we've thinned out the enemy forces so much it's probably fine.
x4wpJld.png

I sent Dioxine down as well for support though.
rHSOVzI.png

Finally a chance to use brainhack. Needed to use a drones lights to light up the target.
CBxBbQS.png

Sadly, the power armour suit with electro-gauntlets... apparently isn't weak to EMP? WTF?
tB3qlAV.png

Still did a ton of stun at least.
KfshM29.png

Fucking gauss tanks just never seem to spend all their TUs. These things are terrifying to fight against.
uYykQpL.png

Why hello there. You look important.
yMTuSWH.png

Optimisto has been a godsend in this assault, scaring and in this case possessing enemy troops from our fortified position. The shock trooper lives up to his name, attacking the commander and drawing plenty of return fire.
JKHQ1G8.png

...leaving them open to Lenneth from behind with a mind whip!
p9ZzSc0.png

Fucker had 150k on him! Too bad picking up 3 chips or 3 bodies takes the same amount of TUs, really makes looting stuff like this a bad option.
iMdJM41.png

Pyrite starting to scout and clear further out now. We're at the turning point where we no longer need to hunker down and fear rockets flying at us every turn.
QShWqBL.png

Still tons of these damned tanks though!
2rYh1YB.png

They're annoyingly skittish too, refusing to get near like the first one we saw. Since they recover their shields so rapidly it makes them a nightmare to finish off. This one at least serves to finish off another mind controlled shocktrooper for us.
brYUw4I.png

Didn't quite come prepared for this mission, luckily, heavy gauss has such high damage it's good enough to work in any situation. So glad we can fire these now.
uIKQVQe.png

4x120 piercing damage, as ordered!
DB7DSaN.png

Another possession (I think that was with the charm staff) and another suicide charge at a tank.
ZWIEnGm.png

Finally rememberd to shift the screen settings. Derp.
dNUcZqm.png

Shredder putting in good work. Such a reliable workhorse in the right hands.
3ouxDbX.png

Theban catgirl takes out a tank after Gandalf removes most of the shields.
PbqljIl.png

Starting to have proper map control, at least over the southern half.
qXc4uuk.png

North side still looking scary.
Ri6MTdQ.png

Our recently recruited Hero took a shotgun blast. Thought the Doom2 armour was better than this, I guess it's more specialized vs demons.
yFeDffN.png

Feels so good to line up a brainhack. Really wish gnomes had more TUs, it's quite hard to use effectively without leaving her in danger.
eWsa157.png

Didn't manage to kill the tank, but did a good chunk of damage.
RN07L3b.png

Enemy going crazy trying to kill a rat. And failing.
Y96Y8Y4.png

Alas, I fucked up and let an enemy wake up and kill one of our catgirls, with one of our own weapons no less! They've been performing so well, I want to recruit more for sure. Maybe even revive this one if possible.
sodJjfi.png

These wily fucking tanks have us penned in. I'm fairly certain they can fire through those windows too. Scary situation for sure.
tY2QCgH.png

Pyrite clearing more rooms, this time taking out a sniper nest guarded by 2 shock troopers. She's running out of freshness and energy, so we swipe some combat drugs to keep going. Tastes... minty!
qrnKrLd.png

Enemy commando making the totally reasonable decision to fire a rocket launcher at a rat. RIP furry bro.
EbgUAB4.png

Sacrificing another rat to hopefully make this tank spend it's TUs. Sadly I forgot tanks are immune to evasion, so it died right away. Should have placed it further away instead.
sEM4kLJ.png

Fucked up and send Lenneth walking around the wrong way after clearing the command (engineering?) room instead of taking out this tank from the front.
lU5HV3E.png

Thankfully catgirl was on hand to clean up the mess!
4u6y3Tr.png

Just dioxine and Echidna holding down the fort in this room. Feels sketchy, but mostly just have to keep knocking down assholes that wake up with no gun.
HlB8rlC.png

Stupid hovertank exploiting the third dimension. How dare he!?
ALvzSpj.png

Was also a sniper in here I failed to spot somehow. Shields saved us from losing another catgirl, thankfully.
LcCCkTt.png

Slut opening fire on the last enemy in the base.
lN6NQwk.png

And Pyrite with the finishing blow. VICTORY!
Ve4k1RR.png

Not too shabby, only lost 1 catgirl. We definitely needed those life support systems.
yqllrcR.png

Though the real prize is our new collection of merc prisoners and hovertank scrap. Hopefully will unlock even more firepower. Should be enough mercs to exhaust their tech, I would think.
XeWz9qt.png

More Arcane Tome lore. Kinda regretting selling off all those brainers now. In my defense, a lot of this research wouldn't be necessary if not for the update.
1Zg2QSQ.png

Time magic? Time magic sounds fun!
4oZBTGJ.png

Well shit, that is not what I expected from Chronomancy. Not complaining though!
U4EaV9f.png

Damn, that's a lot of emeralds and demon essence. Still, I think we've got a stockpile of emeralds since they don't make shields, and essence is something we know where to get at least. Will be totally worth it to get another skull.
AoxLJgZ.png

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
If you manage to defeat mercs, then you're close to endgame.
True. Damn convincing as well, base assault with only one loss and all(?) the high rankers captured.
If there's a drawback to getting higher ranks early, it's potentially missing out on shit like this because the intended encounters become too rare.
There's very few (maybe even 0?) missions that disappear from ranking up.
Hilariously, this training requires expending both a doom armour (which we can make but it's not super cheap) and a void salt. Yeah, fuck that.
Squire training is actually a pretty good way to create demonic essences iirc. Or well, not good because squires are quite rare at this point, but well worth expending any you have in storage.

Damned Registrations

Man, there are a LOT of these plot dump slides. Technically this one unlocked a research option as well. Not sure if it'll be worth it or not. Back burner for now.

26pbNwL.png

Nothing useful here apparenty.
l8SeXaa.png

Ditto here. Nice that the research isn't exploding again, but it would have been nice to get something for catching a commando.
W3BE05d.png

Apparently this shit is still a thing. UGHH. I'm busy guys! FFS...
wxoQgZh.png

Well, its a little different this time. No chemical haze, and we've got allies now.
lprBXdm.png

Allies with big fuck-off tanks in fact. Frankly, I don't think they actually needed me for this.
Zv7O3v0.png

Tanks don't get gibbed by chrysalids, nor do they suffer from plague bugs or flamethrowers. Basically just leaves chem weapons and the shitty plasma rifles, neither of which take out a tank quickly. And they've got two tanks!
4UEJE8P.png

Also brought this fella along for a test drive.
KVT5HlG.png

Rabbit spends TUs to give other people TUs. It might be an AoE thing too, I didn't test it as much as I should. But I know two things: It doesn't bypass red shields, and it DOES work on a bio tank, which is quite useful. Except for the whole, 'rabbits explode into black holes if they die' thing, which makes their use on the front line rather dubious. Still, probably good to keep one on the ship to exploit sniping out of the elevator.
IPUCbao.png

Thule group is new to me, must be where the human mages and noblewomen come from. Also, I like the picture. Very whimsical. More media should be whimsical.
81l4xfC.png

Interesting, apparently Thule is a human mage hivemind? :mhd:
C22qZes.png

Another base assault! I'm endeavouring to hit the 20k rep goal for the next rank this month. Base assaults are the way to do it I think, and we've got like 20 to choose from. Nice layout here, having both groups near eachother and in a corner.
MtAeVFL.png

It's an academy base! Technically new territory, but pretty much every enemy here is old hat, so I'm going to mostly skim. They do seem to have a lot of EMP weapons, which is kinda nasty for our shields.
2iROTVC.png

Also, the dreaded cyberdisks. Yes, I still say they're fucking terrifying. They are at least fragile compared to the firepower we now have. On the other hand, one of them killed a catgirl with full shields and health with a single shot. So yeah... fuck these things.
e4MI8Rw.png

I'm being way more aggressive with the base assaults these days. No more hiding upstairs for 20 turns. The academy base is a relatively simple one too, most of the areas have no extra rooms, just corridors and little open areas between them with little cover.
BAn1Xca.png

Found the goodie bag! I tried punching her to bypass the blue shields, but she's apparently got some hefty armour on there. A turn later I threw a single laser star to hopefully break the shield and take her down with a mind whip... and she died instantly. Whoops. I'm sure it's fine, there's probably another one in another base already built somewhere. Will definitely be more careful next time though.
MPsOzXX.png

Another example of how deadly these fucking discs are: Single shot took down an ogre in vindicator armour.
cypcEbf.png

He survived... barely. 14 fucking wounds. He's lucky I had a catgirl nearby to haul him back to the entrance.
kDiO6yd.png

I'm not sure what his max hp is, but it was over 150 and he went down to 30 from that one shot. Finally got some use out of that nano-surgery kit; brought him back up to ~120 or so, should save a lot of recovery time.
HyCahqQ.png

Gnome got to snag another councillor with brain hacking. I really ought to make another of these outfits...
3cskWWK.png

Anyways, glorious victory! This is probably the least useful of the bases we could have bumped into, aside from the Provost which we missed out on. The main thing we need right now is force circuitry for more shielded armours, so I'm hoping to find a church base. We also need, literally, 10k hellerium to build the engine for our giant ship. I'm assuming that it's not intended to be built that way and we'll find a place to loot hellerium capsules at some point. Either that or it's some sort of silly ultimate ending that's meant to be a grind fest. For reference, we've got 600 hellerium right now, including this loot. Rimrider bases should have a bunch more if we don't explode it all, and with all these ship engines I can set up some heavy production if need be. I won't bother with that though until we've exhausted other options and cleaned the base of enemy bases. At least the faction bases, which keep pooping out annoying ships that interrupt my fast forwarding.
iVvFgNe.png

Also, blaster emp bombs are apparently a thing. Seems incredibly useful, but we can't use them yet.
DfnUzLn.png

RIP Kitty. :salute:
mAiWN6U.png

Another engineering branch! Didn't reveal much, but you never know how these things might branch off.
XrIWPUL.png

Finally finished this one. Took a long time to unlock and then finish researching. Should finally get some new missions next month, hopefully ones where we can use our cool shadowrealm weapons.
JXBXLjE.png

lightbane

Arcane
I'm assuming that it's not intended to be built that way and we'll find a place to loot hellerium capsules at some point. Either that or it's some sort of silly ultimate ending that's meant to be a grind fest.
Kind of both: The endgame is a boring grind, to the point you can focus on manufacturing, blowing up a few ships to keep up a good score, and wait. There was a mod to cut down the grind slightly, but it was deprecated as it was integrated into the mod, but I'm not sure.
RIP Kitty. :salute:
Why not resurrect her by healing pod or something?

Optimist

Savant
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Thule group is new to me, must be where the human mages and noblewomen come from. Also, I like the picture. Very whimsical. More media should be whimsical.
81l4xfC.png
The picture is a cover art for one of Black Magic SS's albums. Rainbow Nights, I think? Try them, I think those folks might be right up your alley.

Damned Registrations

The picture is a cover art for one of Black Magic SS's albums. Rainbow Nights, I think? Try them, I think those folks might be right up your alley.
Checked them out, I did indeed like their stuff! Good recommend!

Yep, this is gonna be a slog.
h0k3gSv.png
w0az07a.png

Next base raid was another merc one too. They're not that bad honestly; blue and red shields handle piercing weapons quite well (everything but gold does, really) and that's basically all they use. Well, that and rockets. And whatever the fuck this is.
Ii9WsDk.png

Pyrite carrying the team by murdering all the hovertanks. I should check her profile, it probably has a kill count itemized by unit type. She has killed MANY tanks.
Wh9rako.png

Neat part of the base we didn't see last time, an odd room with no doors you can only really traverse with flight. Or a pickaxe.
pMNaaNy.png

Gandalf over here casually shrugging off two rockets at once. God I love these biosuits.
DSqfq9f.png

Sadly, Gandalf then bit the dust several turns later when a merc captain walked up and melee'd her to death. We can bring her back of course, but that's another suit down the drain and time spent recovering. Did not expect mercs to be so deadly with their bare hands.
xWYpPmn.png

Lost another catgirl too. I can't bring them back since it's the expendable newbies that keep dying and I don't have enough pods for all of them. Thankfully I can just recruit more Theban ones. The blitz armour is actually the problem; saphires are hard to come buy. Buying them from Jack costs 500 tokens- effectively 5 million dollars. Affordable, kinda, technically. I mean all this loot probably sells for that. Though not enough to also cover the biosuit. Also, still a dire lack of force circuitry. I feel like those hypno panels are useful for something but I can't recall what. We've got an insane number of them now.
oMQ5m7q.png

Getting to the point I can't recall which missions we have or haven't done. I don't think we did this... but it also seems old enough to maybe be obsolete now? Various witch quests too. Did we do the one vs vampires? Seems familiar but maybe I'm just thinking of that cave we fought the necromancer in twice?
0XN2eEU.png

This thing is really cool; basically a thrown weapon you can set 3 waypoints for, like a blasterbomb, to throw around corners and such. Sadly, it doesn't scale damage and uses 60% TUs to throw. 16 range is decentish. I could see it being incredibly useful if we had like, half a dozen. Just throw them on support characters or people with low TUs and pick off people nearby or hiding in dumb spots.
s8uzO6t.png

Yeah, nice tip. Would have been nice to know one mission ago.
HFmjsdY.png

Well, at least we got a tech out of him: This is apparently how Gandalf got Shish-kebab'd. Must be built into their suit. Dunno what stats a merc captain has, but if it's comparable to our ubers, this thing is a murder machine. Ignores 30% armour as well, and stabbing damage... yeah. I'd love some of these too.
adl9jKa.png

...And they require both force circuitry and a saphire. God damn. The disc thing was even worse: It requires a DIAMOND. Jesus. Hope there's a pile of gems in the shadow realms.
hhZlPR2.png

At long fucking last, another armour for the Bugeyes. However... consider me whelmed. 240 shields is awesome, but purple shields... are kinda shit? Laser is a pretty glaring weakness and I think they don't handle electricity either, or some other stuff very well. Doesn't seem to have a psi attack. Armour is passable but... not sure what I'd use this for, honestly. I mean, it'd make for a great sniper with enough training, as they get great accuracy. But it doesn't even fly.
TqYgTHq.png
G1wa8Dk.png

Yeah, pretty much the stats I expected. Their shields recharge a bit more slowly than I expected, but otherwise, yeah, this thing is nigh indestructible. Excited to see our own version! Also, good to know they don't have sniper.
o2ddL6h.png

Definitely hadn't done this before. Seems it is indeed below our pay grade at this point- almost al the enemies are weaklings with no weapons. I suppose you could catch a ton of slaves here if so inclined.
rypV9Rr.png

Man, unloaded a biotank's plasma cannon on this fucker at point blank was cathartic.
BG8t31Q.png

This pretty much summed up the rest of the mission. There were a few more cyberdisks, but nothing we couldn't handle.
N6CSdpP.png

Loot was lame. We did get a saphire, at least.
rbILbR3.png

I think this was a result of that bogeyman research? Baffling place to have put it behind. Nice to finally have something to train our Syn with but... I kinda don't want to give her up for 2 weeks. 15 health and 3 armour is a nice extra bit of safety though...
Hx9soSn.png

Actually cut this a little close, we're nearing the end of the month.
TCn3iJ9.png

Hmm, well it doesn't actually cost cultural wealth, so that's nice. OTOH, why the hell is it lowering freshness? That's lame. Maybe the update lowered her baseline stat cap for freshness?
aYJEL3A.png

Tempted to let the ninjas make some outposts. Would be a nice change of pace from the other factions, and I kinda want to see a lesser outpost before I wipe them off the map.
nCD87sO.png

Another tech from a merc captain. 85+ plasma damage weapon, with arcing, perfect accuracy and infinite ammo for only 35 TUs? Why yes, I would like that.
1Ktuhoo.png

More fruit of the merc research tree. I'm skeptical these will be all that great, but here's hoping!
XvoHty4.png

Ooh, that sounds like a cool boss to fight.
aVzaQgz.png

Finally got a power station online with our red tower base, so we can make zortium crap! Jacket was first. Sadly it won't fit with power armours and such. I guess our hero gets to be even tankier instead.
M7UOBDY.png

Can't believe the income keeps scaling up like this. At this rate I won't need counterfitting to make a billion dollars.
8RszX82.png

First XG Weapon. Yep, underwhelming. I mean, it's not bad... but it's not great either. Would be better in the hands of a gnome, since the default ammo scales off bravery at 25%. Well, maybe there'll be a sick sniper rife or something.
pq0Sp05.png

Jesus, this is going on forever.
tL033iM.png

Finally got the last bit of info from the mercs.
40dpcW3.png
aLY4y9F.png

These infamy targets are getting silly. Will need to go crazy to hit the next rank, massacring ships and raiding bases. Well, if more star gods are going to show up maybe that'll unlock new stuff too. Sadly, our new rank didn't unlock any new research or bounties directly.
XoI1GPh.png

Mortherfuckers already replaced 2 of the 3 bases I took down last month! Holy fuck. I might need to set up a whole base dedicated to fighters to just obliterate all enemy shipping. Assuming that's even enough to stop them. I have the engines and weapon parts for it now if nothing else...
272HR6R.png

lightbane

Arcane
At long fucking last, another armour for the Bugeyes. However... consider me whelmed. 240 shields is awesome, but purple shields... are kinda shit? Laser is a pretty glaring weakness and I think they don't handle electricity either, or some other stuff very well. Doesn't seem to have a psi attack. Armour is passable but... not sure what I'd use this for, honestly. I mean, it'd make for a great sniper with enough training, as they get great accuracy. But it doesn't even fly.
Recycled from XFiles, I see. Kinda a shit armor that took forever to build.

Ooh, that sounds like a cool boss to fight.

Stealing from both WH40k and Starcraft, top kek.

I hope you don't get a game over for having too many enemy bases generating negative points to the point you can't keep up...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom