Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gothic 3 Boxart

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
gothic3pcboxshotb0sb.jpg

Neat.

denizsi

Arcane
Side by side with the oblivion collector's edition

or a really stupid tagline.

Agreed there.

At least they are not aiming for a console release as they are developing right now (they are not, right?). They will have to be really fucked up shitbags to come up with a game that's only for PC at the moment but still retain more consoleish elements with dumbed down content and mechanics.

Pussycat669

Liturgist
'A nameless hero becomes a legend'
Outch that one hurts. Even some antiquated line like 'The final chapters' could do better there (it would at least fit to that book sheme)

When do people finally start to be more creative?
gothic301rgb_600.jpg

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm a bit disturbed by the fact that an image of English boxart is released first. Isn't this even US-specific? No telling if the German one won't be the same, of course.
I'd have expected it to feature the image of Xardas looking all villain-y, though. They use it everywhere else.

Here's hoping this is the publisher's work.

Zomg

Arbiter
CD ROM? There's nothing like nursing an install for thirty minutes and ten CD swaps.

Monolith

Prophet
I'm comparing it to the Gothic 2 box right now. The Gothic 3 box looks worse. I hope it won't be the same with the game (referring to quality not the look here). But fucking hell, it's just the box so...

Kraszu

Prophet
He didn't became a hero in previous gothics, or you are talking about other games? Box would not be bad if not that line, throught it is not that bad considering what happen in previous gothics.

Lumpy

Arcane
Kraszu said:
He didn't became a hero in previous gothics, or you are talking about other games? Box would not be bad if not that line, throught it is not that bad considering what happen in previous gothics.
He didn't? Didn't he kill the sleeper, the dragons and some other shit in NotR?

Kraszu

Prophet
He did, but not many people know about it. In g2 you can see that nameless is not know as a hero he is just random unknown person, whit g3 it will propobly change.

tetsuo

Scholar
well i dont really believe its real ,could be photoshopped , and yeah tagline is a bit cheesy ,well i wonder how if the german tagline will be the same , "Ein Namenloser Held wird zur Legende" sounds not so bad . but thats just marketing crap , i believe in these guys they have proven me more than once that they are able to produce kickass games ,unlike bethesda....

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"He did, but not many people know about it. In g2 you can see that nameless is not know as a hero he is just random unknown person, whit g3 it will propobly change."

You are an idiot. You don't need to be famous to be a hero.

Kraszu

Prophet
Volourn said:
"He did, but not many people know about it. In g2 you can see that nameless is not know as a hero he is just random unknown person, whit g3 it will propobly change."

You are an idiot. You don't need to be famous to be a hero.

I was just pointing the diference moron. He wasn't hero for most peapole that live in gothic word only for few. That is why the praise is not so bad when you put it in the context of previous games and g3.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Well, it'd have been more correct to say "He didn't become a legend before."
Of course, there was no need to be a prick about it, but that's the point of being a dumbfuck, I guess.

Kraszu said:
Box would not be bad if not that line, throught it is not that bad considering what happen in previous gothics.
I think the problem is how closely it mimics Oblivion's box in style. Despite differences, the style really isn't so common that you could simply dismiss it as coincidence.
I believe I don't have any game box that looked really similar. More specifically, I don't believe any game I possess was ever sold in a similar box.
Some may come close, but were sold in a colourful wrapper. They don't count.

St. Toxic

Arcane
Oh come on, that's more of a Sims 3 tagline. Or, obviously, an mmo.

"-Did ya hear that one legend, about this guy right?"
"-Huh.. Whua? Mein herren?"
"-Shh... Listen! D'ya hear this legend... Shit. Hast die gehören einer legend about dieser guy with keine name?"
"-Raus alle juden!"

and then it's all Ia Drang 1967 all over again.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Well, I'd hope that after Gothic, the devs would make a large sandbox RPG in the tradition of old RPGs letting you loose in a fantasy world. I don't really see it happen, though.

Gothic IS a story-driven RPG, continues to be so, and it's not exactly wrong. I mean, Gothic 3's scenario would probably lend itself much better to the "live another life" theme than Oblivion's immenent-not-so-imminent threat scenario. It just doesn't make sense to "live your life" during an invasion by demons, while it would during an occupation.
That isn't what the developers aim for however, you are the Hero, you do heroic shit. I wonder how the "don't side with anybody" plot will work out, though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom