Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - main thread - Fallout1/NEOScavenger older brother.

The Jester

Cipher
ZFpwSe9.png

bYihll5.png

tumblr_p57zemsPlm1rmxa4zo4_r1_540.gif

Unwanted

Cologno

Unwanted
Nice, but don't you still have the island itself to get off? Whatever, still feels great don't it?

The Jester

Cipher
How "fantastical" does it get?
I use mods to add dinosaurs, Megafauna, Lovecraftian creatures and man made horrors beyond comprehension.
The cool part? It all fits into the lore because of how the developers wrote it. :lol:

The Jester

Cipher
Hi Bright Nights Devs! nice pride flags/shirts you got there!
Pride.png

:troll:It Would Be a Shame If Something Happened To It...
Based.png

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
We really can't have nice things.
It's either unplayable autism shit or LGBTQIAP+ faggotry or both.

Seethe

Arbiter
Been wanting to start playing Cataclysm a long time ago, but the talks about how the game turned into a simulationist autismfest where they try to make it so realistic that it actually stops being realistic has put me off. I wanna start with Bring Nights at least for now. Is there a guide available for it, or is it fine to just look at the controls and get into it?

I knew it was coming since I saw one of the dev updates add a beauty bonus to one of the furry mutations.

Been wanting to start playing Cataclysm a long time ago, but the talks about how the game turned into a simulationist autismfest where they try to make it so realistic that it actually stops being realistic has put me off. I wanna start with Bring Nights at least for now. Is there a guide available for it, or is it fine to just look at the controls and get into it?

BN is better to start with, yes. There are a few guides on Youtube for the main version that are a few years out of date, and those are closer to the experience of BN. You can figure out the rest on your own. Start with the default scenario.

The main things to keep in mind off the top of my head:
- you get tired, creatures don't; running gets you killed
- don't mess with anything that can outrun you.
- avoid very heavy weapons that consume a lot of stamina.
- don't fight when you're in pain.
- stairs and roofs save lives.
- different kinds of creatures hate each other and kiting is broken.
- watch out for the movement speed of each tile. Make sure creatures get onto a slow tile(like a window or chair) to get an extra hit.
- for a car to work, you need a working engine(most difficult to replace), battery, some gas and wheels. Avoid cars with faulty engines and leaking tanks. You can easily get a hose for sucking gas out of tanks by breaking down a fridge.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom