Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dark and Darker

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Seems interesting. How magic is in this RPG? I looked into YT videos and only saw melee videos.

And I honestly din't liked how slow the guy swings his dane axe. Animations seems extremely slow.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
I hope this RPG game will be as generic as it appears.

Nathaniel3W

Rockwell Studios
Patron
Developer
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
That has to be one of the worst trailers I have ever seen. I've tried to be more forgiving of creatives ever since becoming a game developer; it takes a lot of work and a lot of courage to create something and send it out into the world. But seriously, if you're going through all the effort of making a video game, you really should do some research into how to make a trailer. It's arguably the single most important piece of marketing your game will have.

Opens with the logo, no music, then menus, then tutorial-level gameplay. You're a minute into a 2-minute video when you see the first enemy. If there were a bible for creating trailers, this trailer would have broken every commandment and now be damned to everlasting torment.

A trailer this bad makes me think the game will be even worse. If the developer of this game stumbles onto this thread, bro, you really need to redo that trailer.

Didn't know anything about this game but ended up loving it, fighter is the best class for solo play hands down. Went on a 15 kill streak just before the latest playtest ended.
they really need to implement a 1v1, 2v2 and 3v3 mode only though (with a regular mixed one) cause it's fucking annoying going 1v3 and trivializes the difficulty of the game since most people don't do that. actually a bummer that it won't be playable for a long time now

https://streamable.com/to58k9 :lol:

Last edited:

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Super advanced combat like Skyrim. I love the constant drum pounding music, the last desperate resort of a boring game.

gongal

Scholar
Easily the best shit I've played in years. Shocking how great and full of potential it is.
With each new playtest the game gets more and more impressive and the next one is happening tommorow.

Also, the game isn't going to be F2P.

laclongquan

Arcane
Technically it might worth a glance.

Realistically, it doesnt have a female avatar~ What is this? Gay developers look down on hetero players?

If its devs are around here, I would like to log my vehement protest on this discrimination on het players? We do NOT want to look at hairy male figures (because we know ourselves already, and if need confirmation just find a nearest mirror).

Why gay developers? Because there is NOT one TnA figures in the game, not players, not spawns.

Last edited:

Nathaniel3W

Rockwell Studios
Patron
Developer
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I wonder how many people fall into one of these camps:

1. You are gay if you want to watch a hairy man avatar on your screen.
2. You are gay if you want to roleplay as a girl in your RPG.

And you know what? I just thought of some bonus options:

3. You are a clown-world bluepilled wokey if you think women can fight alongside men.
4. You are assuming my gender by proposing categories 1 and 2.

How many other ways might we be able to offend and be offended based on gamers' choice of avatar?

d1r

Single handedly funding SMTVI
Patron
Didn't know anything about this game but ended up loving it, fighter is the best class for solo play hands down. Went on a 15 kill streak just before the latest playtest ended.
they really need to implement a 1v1, 2v2 and 3v3 mode only though (with a regular mixed one) cause it's fucking annoying going 1v3 and trivializes the difficulty of the game since most people don't do that. actually a bummer that it won't be playable for a long time now

https://streamable.com/to58k9 :lol:

This does not look fun at all. Is this game running in slow motion the whole time?

curds

Magister
Technically it might worth a glance.

Realistically, it doesnt have a female avatar~ What is this? Gay developers look down on hetero players?

If its devs are around here, I would like to log my vehement protest on this discrimination on het players? We do NOT want to look at hairy male figures (because we know ourselves already, and if need confirmation just find a nearest mirror).

Why gay developers? Because there is NOT one TnA figures in the game, not players, not spawns.
"I am deeply insecure about my own sexuality"

laclongquan

Arcane
I wonder how many people fall into one of these camps:

1. You are gay if you want to watch a hairy man avatar on your screen.
2. You are gay if you want to roleplay as a girl in your RPG.

And you know what? I just thought of some bonus options:

3. You are a clown-world bluepilled wokey if you think women can fight alongside men.
4. You are assuming my gender by proposing categories 1 and 2.

How many other ways might we be able to offend and be offended based on gamers' choice of avatar?

Projection much?

Dawg, I dont care what your offended feelings, about your political correctness, or hell, your wokeness. But if your design doesnt have places for some tits and ass (at least bigger than A cup, acceptable in C, better D), it doesnt even worth a glance from people like me. This is 202x not 198x, get with the time!

The fact that Dark and Darker make me at least watch 2 video of its gameplay speak volumes about its attractiveness. The only complain I have is about its TnA department .

As I said in so many gameplay analysis before, we gamers dont particularly care about politic (or the lack thereof), we only care about whether game design is worth to play or not.

Care about dev? No
Care about game? Yes

I am a gamer, not a politic column writer~

Last words? Get woke, go broke. Are you a game developer or are you a political propagandist?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom