Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Eitr - Norse-themed pixel art Dark Souls-inspired hack and slash thingie

ArchAngel

Arcane
These animations are awesome. SitS should get this animator for their next project :D

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
FEMALE PROTAGONIST?! FUCKING FEMINISTS! FUCKING FEMINIST FREQUENCY!:x
Looks great! :love:

SwiftCrack

Arcane
Putting 100 Kool Kredits that it still will be vilified for another reason (too much violence).

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
New gameplay trailer.

Release in 2016 and also out on PS4.

The game looks very action-y, but I hope it is supported by a story decent enough. The other meh detail is the "also out on PS4" bit, and it's not at all unrelated to the "very action-y" bit.

I'll still get it, even just for the very nice pixel graphics.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
http://killscreendaily.com/articles/eitrs-trailer-recalls-pitch-black-world-diablo-ii/

Eitr’s trailer recalls the pitch-black world of Diablo II

Because going on google/images for "Diablo 2" and then doing the same for "Diablo 1" is teh hard. So I did it for them, fucking dorito munching "game journos". Here's the first two rows of images google comes up with. Which one is more "pitch-black" and why, discuss!

FaOnslX.jpg

arkHBJS.png

polo

Magister
I thought it would be released this year, anyways i have too many things to play until it is released so no problem. I just wonder how repetitive this will be.

Cynicus

Augur
The game looks very action-y...

:nocountryforshitposters:

It's a hack-n-slash, dude.

As to the story, here's its premise in case you've not seen it:

“Eitr” is from Norse mythology, it is a black poison substance that corrupts whoever or whatever it comes into contact with. The story of the game is based around the world tree, Yggdrasil, the connector of the 9 Norse worlds, which becomes poisoned with Eitr, spewing darkness into each world.

The devs have a thread on TIGSource that might have more info regarding the narrative. I've not been keeping up with it.

Lucky

Arcane
Haha yeah, I can't go into the fine details etc, but we signed with [Devolver] around the beginning of 2015, we've wanted to announce for a while now as you can imagine but they wanted to "reannounce" Eitr and E3 was always the plan.

Before we got into contact with Devolver, we already were offered funding directly from Sony EU themselves, but the game would've had to have been exclusive to Sony platforms and since Devolver has such a great relationship with Sony, we felt it was the right way for us to go as we really wanted to do a PC+PS4 simultaneous release and we felt that Eitr being our first game and all, we felt that the assistance Devolver offers for developers would be extremely helpful to us, and it really is!

(Contracts are a b***h!)

We're working with 'The Otherworld Agency' to help us bring music / sfx to Eitr, and Fabian who works there got us into contact with Acid Nerve (the guys who made Titan Souls) and they ended up showing our game to Devolver, thats what I believe really got the ball rolling!

It was such an awesome opportunity for us, and it's pretty crazy as from the beginning we wanted to go with Devolver even before they contacted us. :D

Meeting the guys from Hotline Miami, Olli Olli, Crossing Souls, Mother Russia Bleeds, Enter The Gungeon etc has been a crazy experience, they're all great guys / gals!

Interesting post on tigsource by dev, about how Sony were planning to fund development and have the game be a PS4 exclusive. Kind of unexpected to see Sony set its sights on such a tiny indie team. The dual PC+PS4 release seems to be something the devs wanted to do themselves, though I think that it’s a bad idea for such a small team to split its attention like that.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
The game looks very action-y...

:nocountryforshitposters:

It's a hack-n-slash, dude.

As to the story, here's its premise in case you've not seen it:

“Eitr” is from Norse mythology, it is a black poison substance that corrupts whoever or whatever it comes into contact with. The story of the game is based around the world tree, Yggdrasil, the connector of the 9 Norse worlds, which becomes poisoned with Eitr, spewing darkness into each world.

The devs have a thread on TIGSource that might have more info regarding the narrative. I've not been keeping up with it.

Yes, I've read the premise. I'll wait to play the game in order to evaluate how the narrative is fleshed out and put to good use within the game itself.

Cynicus

Augur
Interesting post on tigsource by dev, about how Sony were planning to fund development and have the game be a PS4 exclusive. Kind of unexpected to see Sony set its sights on such a tiny indie team. The dual PC+PS4 release seems to be something the devs wanted to do themselves, though I think that it’s a bad idea for such a small team to split its attention like that.

Porting between platforms isn't as big an undertaking as it has been in the past. They should be ok.

edit: could not into quoting

Last edited:

Lucky

Arcane

In-game footage from the E3 demo. Bits of a forest level and of a crypt. No commentary.

That wraith-like thing at the end of the gameplay trailer appears to be a or the boss of the crypt area and was also included in the demo. Nice to see that the gameplay trailer is based on actual gameplay.

It's around the 4:00 mark.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Can't let that Souls experience get any any further away from being an exclusive than it already it is.

Lucky

Arcane
There’s a loot system that a dev talked about being inspired by Diablo/Path of Exile. Weapons, shields and armour will be rarer than in those games, though, and have special properties, while stuff like rings and amulets will be more common. There will also be levels and stats, item materials and learnable abilities (active, passive and aura types). They haven’t said anything about quests, to my knowledge, but it doesn’t seem like a very dialogue rich game.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I think this will be best aRPG yet :)
I am more excited for this than for Umbra.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom