Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RimWorld - Damned Colonists in Space

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Biotech is the best DLC of all released so far in terms of actual content. Especially because it addedsystem of modification with actual downsides\point system. Because 9 modders out of 10 will add super unbalanced or op traits with no downsides at all. This hepled to mitigate such trash mods.
As for children - for each furry raising a children in psatel tones there is a gang of child cannibal raiders. Or kids attending a leesson on how to dismember\ampuate limbs from a captive. Or last stand againt a swarm of insects infstation, where all colony forms a line and sometimes megaspiders breakthrough to children, standing in the back line and start chewing them.

thesecret1

Arcane
I gotta agree, Biotech is great. Royalty was good, but rather small, and I wasn't sold on Ideology (still seems needlessly bloated to me), but Biotech's kids and gene modding are both awesome. As for raising them, I usually give a 3 year old a revolver and send him off to hunt rabbits or something. By the time he grows up, he's a bona fide super soldier, ready to ventilate skulls at a ripe old age of 13. Incredibly easy to run a futuristic Spartan society – kids all get turned into murder machines that massacre enemies and enslave those with good skills to tend to all their other needs. Throw in gene modding and you can create literal space marines whose full time job is pillaging towns and running slave plantations.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
The Flesh is weak. The Flesh is willing
3zcs51jlelca1.png

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Hello everyone, Tynan here.

Good news today: We're reducing prices for RimWorld and its expansions in multiple non-USD currencies.

The prices were already below Valve's recommended prices in most cases (you can see the discounts here). This price reduction will increase the discount even further.

The price reductions range from 3% to 15% and affect 7 different currencies. For example, in Canadian dollars, RimWorld will be reduced from $42.99 CAD to $39.99 CAD. See the full list below.

RimWorld Base Game:

Currency
Original Price
New Price
Euro
Great British Pounds
Canadian Dollar
Australian Dollar
Swiss Francs
Israeli New Shekel
Polish Zloty

Biotech Expansion Pricing:

Currency
Original Price
New Price
Euro
Great British Pounds
Canadian Dollar
Australian Dollar
Swiss Francs
Polish Zloty

Ideology & Royalty Individual Expansion Pricing:

Currency
Original Price
New Price
Euro
Great British Pounds
Australian Dollar
Swiss Francs
Polish Zloty

Thanks for playing and to everyone who keeps contributing to our awesome community. The subreddit is always creative, the Discord is always friendly, our forums and the workshop are always full of great mods and it's all wonderful to see. Cheers.
- Ty

Duraframe300

Arcane
Like first you hate nutrient paste, then a guy converts you and you suddenly love it? To give a basic example.

That is actually a pretty bad example for your point. Converts actually often do end up being the biggest zealots.

They also tend to shit on their former practice, like constantly.

Caim

Arcane
Kinda started to get interested in the game, but from what I can tell all your colonists are randomly generated even if you can press the button to get a new one. That seems like chore, can't you just build them (with or without a mod) yourself?

Also how viable is it to pick one of those game modes where it's just one dude and you attain supremacy through a legion of robots, a cloned underclass, lobotomized raiders or something like that?

Trithne

Erudite
Kinda started to get interested in the game, but from what I can tell all your colonists are randomly generated even if you can press the button to get a new one. That seems like chore, can't you just build them (with or without a mod) yourself?

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=1874644848

Also how viable is it to pick one of those game modes where it's just one dude and you attain supremacy through a legion of robots, a cloned underclass, lobotomized raiders or something like that?

Viable, but does somewhat expect you to understand the game's mechanics, so best to do a few standard crashlandings first to get the know the ins and outs.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Caim My unsolicited advice: play the game 100% vanilla on default settings first, and as you play make note every time you get annoyed "why aren't there toilets" or whatnot. Then add mods to fix the things that annoy you. Resist the urge to go window shopping and install a bunch of mods "oh laser cthulhu clown college mod looks cool", at least until you know the basic game like the back of your hand.

Technomancer

Liturgist
You can always use an autoroller instead of cheaty editors. Set up what combo of traits you want and let it roll. Prepare Moderately and Random Plus are the mods that do it. First mod rolls physically before your eyes, second one uses accelerated calculation for up to 50k rolls.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Caim My unsolicited advice: play the game 100% vanilla on default settings first, and as you play make note every time you get annoyed "why aren't there toilets" or whatnot. Then add mods to fix the things that annoy you. Resist the urge to go window shopping and install a bunch of mods "oh laser cthulhu clown college mod looks cool", at least until you know the basic game like the back of your hand.
That applies to every game. Why screw yourself by not trying to original experience?

Caim

Arcane
That applies to every game. Why screw yourself by not trying to original experience?
Some games require mods to run without constant crashes, game-breaking bugs, a civilized resolution or have them run in the first place.

Humanophage

Arcane
Don't you think UI improvements are a must?

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Obviously I agree, but there are Codexers out there who say things like "this game is unplayable without the cool mods I like so you should use them too". Look at how many people think Jagged Alliance 2 v1.13 is "officially" the true version to play, XCOM Long War, etc. Even I have my pet mods I think Rimworld is "unplayable" without but I wouldn't try to force feed them to other people.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
rimworld definitely doesn't "require" mods but I can't imagine why you would play without stuff like replacable walls and similar type of mods. so many of rimworld's mods are basically professional-level ones that fit seamlessly into the game and don't detract in any meaningful way

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
I play with a shitton of mods but consider "drop that brick" or whatever it's called now as the only must have one, no downsides and fixes a kinda common annoyance (not being able to assign something to colonist A that has already been assigned to colonist B by the game).

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
I think the only must have mod is the one where you can set numerical priorities for tasks for each colonist.

Last edited:

puur prutswerk

Magister
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
The only "mod" I use is my own patience at savescumming which is very effective in this game.

20230722163711_1.jpg
My new laboratory
20230722170422_1.jpg
Finally planted those gauranlan trees I had lying around
20230723221237_1.jpg
The "unbelievably impressive" throne room with attached lamepire cooking areas.
20230723221731_1.jpg
Not sure what this guy is all about.
20230723222032_1.jpg
As of yet unused biolab and the main entrance.
20230723222610_1.jpg
I call this bitch the Archokech.

thesecret1

Arcane
The only "mod" I use is my own patience at savescumming which is very effective in this game.
Savescum is great when you're trying out the game, but gets boring on repeat playthroughs. Try doing ironman run sometime, it's quite fun and the game is designed for it

Angthoron

Arcane
I have enough mods to have the game load for about 3 minutes every time.

Which is also a good form of preventing savescumming.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom