Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex 2021 GOTY - VOTE NOW!

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
WoTR is still in beta so you can't vote for that.

covr

Prophet
Patron
Jokes aside,the kodex does have very casual collective taste. It is pretty hard to talk about niche games in here,most threads get ignored for the bigger titles that come from 'star' hasbeens. The best discussion that i have had here about rpgs were in the shoutbox with the weirdest users lol.

I am curious how the good games will do in this pool,like vagrus,black book,nu atom,nu gothic,encased and a few others. Gamedec was not bad too. It is pretty tedious to see people bitch about muh commercial games yet end up with the most generic choice for a goty lol. Also people that brag about how they haven't played a single rpg this year,should be kicked out,it is the RPGkodex.....for now.
How many of the games on the list have you played and finished ? You seem like one of the few people that actually play many rpgs and I'd like to get an idea how many games people actually manage to play. After a quick count I'd estimate myself at 10-15 games per year over all genres and also including replays of older games. I will play Chronicles of Myrtana: Archolos in the future, the same goes for Atom : Turbograd but these game have barely been released, (at least on my time scale). In another 1-2 years I could vote on them. I still think that the poll mostly shows which games were played at all shortly after release and I doubt that the poll is a good measure of quality.

I like you, German newcomer. Aren't you one of PB's employees?

Blutwurstritter

Learned
Jokes aside,the kodex does have very casual collective taste. It is pretty hard to talk about niche games in here,most threads get ignored for the bigger titles that come from 'star' hasbeens. The best discussion that i have had here about rpgs were in the shoutbox with the weirdest users lol.

I am curious how the good games will do in this pool,like vagrus,black book,nu atom,nu gothic,encased and a few others. Gamedec was not bad too. It is pretty tedious to see people bitch about muh commercial games yet end up with the most generic choice for a goty lol. Also people that brag about how they haven't played a single rpg this year,should be kicked out,it is the RPGkodex.....for now.
How many of the games on the list have you played and finished ? You seem like one of the few people that actually play many rpgs and I'd like to get an idea how many games people actually manage to play. After a quick count I'd estimate myself at 10-15 games per year over all genres and also including replays of older games. I will play Chronicles of Myrtana: Archolos in the future, the same goes for Atom : Turbograd but these game have barely been released, (at least on my time scale). In another 1-2 years I could vote on them. I still think that the poll mostly shows which games were played at all shortly after release and I doubt that the poll is a good measure of quality.

I like you, German newcomer. Aren't you one of PB's employees?
No. What gave you that idea ? I work at a university.

Darkozric

Arbiter
Edgy
So, after 180 comments what is the most useful info from this useless and retarded poll so far?

1. There are many honk honk retardos who like to roleplay felipepoopoo's pimp, including miss Konjad and miss Grauken.

2. Miss Konjad thinks this retarded poll is some kind of a prestigious "contribution" and it's better than nothing. (LOL)

3. Miss Grauken for some weird and personal reason feels very important and she thinks that a 2013 account is better from a 2016 account. (obviously she is obsessed with seniority and lengths of any kind)

4. Miss Grauken also doesn't like to search for dicks with a magnified glass, she prefers lengthy dicks as she does with her blobbers.

Happy honk honk poll day!

jackofshadows

Magister
The mutual twitter dev fellation averted me from the idea of participation. Imagine voting against tons of 4s for both fucking Encased and fucking WotR.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You couldn't possibly have curated the list down to the games that were actually relevant huh
And just how you would define which games are relevant? If you want a list with just a few games, fantadomat already did one.
Well, to be fair, I think it wouldn't be unreasonable to have two votes.
Or two lists.
A more open one that contains anything even remotely RPG.
And one strongly curated (curators can be community-picked beforehand) that only contains the most "pure" of RPGs from that year.

Or one list with all the games, but you not only rate the game's quality, but also its "RPG-ness". Would be interesting, too, I'd say.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Same as you mate,finished all the interesting names. Black book,vagrus,encased,atom,nu gothic,gamedec and a few more. Didn't play the nu king's bounty and didn't finished the nu disciples . Ohhhh i also finished those two shits,the wrath of the trannies and solasta. For me the goty is between nu gothic,vagrus and black book. All of them excellent games.

Mortmal

Arcane
Pathfinder WotR upvoted - check
Janapese bullshit downvoted - check
Completely destroy the poll intent as you are supposed to vote only on what you play , so unknown titles with higher user satisfaction will emerge from the crowd. Most of them are probably complete shit but it's possible amongst the hundred there's one worth playing. Last time i only played troubleshooters and start reading the thread because it was highly ranked here. Despite the kawai graphics, it was superior to most western games.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Going to abstain from this one.
Haven't played enough 2021 releases besides Urtuk and Encased to form opinions.

edit.
Also Jupiter Hell, for some reason I thought its 2020 release.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom