Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Ubisoft Shanghai is making AAA open world Might & Magic game

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
This was briefly discussed in the Might and Magic general thread but I think it's worth a thread for future entertainment.

Since 1986, the Might & Magic franchise has provided countless epic stories of Fantasy and unforgettable gameplay moments to many a generation, with genre-defining classics such as Heroes of Might & Magic III, Dark Messiah of Might & Magic, Might & Magic Clash of Heroes, and successful mobile titles such as Might & Magic Era of Chaos. Now the Might & Magic brand at Ubisoft Shanghai is assembling a new team with ambition to reinvent and push the Franchise forward, create exciting new Worlds and genre-defining gameplay experiences, and redefine the meaning of Fantasy gaming for a whole new generation of players.

Narrative Director https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/company/careers/search/743999799796620-narrative-director-might-magic-

As a Narrative Director, you will be working with directors, writers and designers to ensure it is implemented into the game using varied and emergent narrative elements that make up a living, breathing, reactive Open World full of Fantasy and Magic.

• Provide guidance to lead scriptwriters and support writers in developing high quality and consistent content (plot, setting, characters, barks, dialogue, events, lore, item descriptions, tutorials, etc.)
  • Oversee casting of actors, guide voice-over and motion capture recordings

World Director https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/company/careers/search/743999799795972-world-director-might-magic-

• Work closely with the Mission Designers to make sure that quests are placed and initiated in an optimal way, and that the spaces and placement of things in the world serve the intended mission experience

Senior Brand Manager https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/compa...99793436310-senior-brand-manager-might-magic-

• Work with internal or external artist(s) and agencies to create the main brand assets – CGI movies, trailers, key artworks, etc. Create and share products style guides to ensure consistency in all deliveries (graphic & more)

• Passionate about Fantasy and RPG / strategy

Ubisoft Shanghai has a long history (over 25 years) as a support studio but it sounds like this will be its own big project. After all, they consider M&M as "significantly meaningful brand" for Chinese market.

In before Might & Genshin: Impact.

Cross

Arcane
Can't wait to see what the Might & Magic equivalent of Ubisoft Towers will be.

The only way this could be not shit is if they implemented the combat system from Dark Messiah of Might & Magic.

koyota

Cipher
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Not the least bit surprising, only that they are using the MM brand.

UBISOFT board room:

Skyrim sold over 30 million copies..
Bethesda is only releasing an Elder Scrolls once every 10+ years,
There`s untapped market for us to put out something every year, Let`s get on it.

Also with the current absurd restrictions (NO Skeletons! , No Vampires! , No Plagues!, No Government upheavals! No Religion
"Some games have blurred moral boundaries. Players can choose to be either good or evil ... but we don't think that games should give players this choice ... and this must be altered
etc etc)

there is no way they could sell a might and magic game in China unless they took some Chinese xi-fu rpg and renamed it Might and Magic.

Ryzer

Arcane
You enter Dwarven Mines:
Pay this DLC 5$ :YES/NO?
Where to?
-Shangri-La
This DLC cost 2$

Codex Year of the Donut
It being made by and targeted at Chinese means it's going to be mobile trash.
They're the largest bloc of gamers using the same logic as when people say women make up a large proportion of gamers. It might as well not even be considered the same activity.

Brickfrog

Learned
They're the largest bloc of gamers using the same logic as when people say women make up a large proportion of gamers. It might as well not even be considered the same activity.

Most of the women I know who game only want to play chad shit like counter strike, GTA and Fifa while I'm out here playing gay little indie rpgs like underrail lol

agris

Arcane
Patron

Most of the women I know who game only want to play chad shit like counter strike, GTA and Fifa while I'm out here playing gay little indie rpgs like underrail lol
What rusty is talking about is that the demography data that people cite to support the statement that women are the majority consumers of video games are not separating mobile games from PC or console. The mobile game market is dominated by women, and since so many more people play games on phones than PC/console, the numbers shake out the way they do.

Rusty is right, for once, that this is a disingenuous grouping and only serves to mislead. Lumping mobile and non-mobile gaming together makes no sense.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Mobile gaming is either super casual stuff like bejeweled, or pay-to-win gacha slot machine simulators that only exist to pull money out of your pocket. The Chinese LOVE those gacha games because it means they can become the BEST PLAYERS IN THE WORLD (CHINA NUMBA ONE!!!!) just by putting down some cash.

agris

Arcane
Patron
The only question that matters is, will it be a Blobber.
yep.jpg

StrongBelwas

Cipher
Patron
Surprised it took this long, but I guess AssCreed was fulfilling their '''''rpg'''' section for long enough.

MpuMngwana

Arbiter
Really hope it's the next numbered installment. Making a M&M game in China and NOT calling it Might & Magic XI would be such a missed opportunity.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
At best a skyrim clone. At worst and most likely scenario a low lethality gear farming, cooldown managing lootbox mobile cashgrab. I loved M&M IV, M&M VI, VII and VIII.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
I feel like some of the news these days is reaching. JVC is in stealth startup mode! Ubisoft Shanghai might be making a new M&M game! I don't care for those new game pages where we're told nothing beyond a game exists, but at least there's a reason to talk about that. We have nothing but career listings, is it really that much of a slow news day?
There's 2 Chinese mods that i know of and i don't speak Chinese, so probably the tip of the iceberg.
For the original series, Heroes or one of the mobile shit titles? I feel like there's a derth of good mods for M&M despite the fact that we have pretty good modding tools.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom