Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Any RPG that is coming out that anyone is excited about?

Unwanted

Zinc

Unwanted
Oblivion is the only one on my list.

Excrément

Arbiter
This genre is

dead

dead

dead

Dead

DEAD

DEAD

DEAD

DEAD

Funny, a lot of people were saying exactly the same thing when the first "video games" RPG appeared. a lot of people said true rpg are only book rpg and not video games rpg.

Movies are DEAD since Lumieres' brothers, Music is DEAD since Mozart, Fucking is DEAD since Sade, War is DEAD since Hitler...

Seboss

Liturgist
Pr()ZaC said:
I guess it's The Fall right now.

Are you referring to the Post Apo joke of a RPG, cesspit of bug that's been released last year in Europe ?

Levski 1912

Scholar
Oblivion will be a mediocre exploration game with RPG elements and a bucketful of graphical glitches and CTDs.

Fallout 3, on the other hand, will cause a shitstorm of biblical proportions. Can't wait!

Thrawn05

Scholar
Levski 1912 said:
Oblivion will be a...bucketful of graphical glitches and CTDs.

Don't you see? Oblivion will be bethesda's excuss to stop PC support. They will make sure it crashes alot!

You'll hear things like: "Well, we tried for the PC, but there are just too many problems to fix. Xbox is much easier to for us to make/fuck up games with." or "Looking at the past sales for MW and OB, we feel that it's finacially better for us to just develop games for the Xbox."

GhanBuriGhan

Erudite
This thread is ancient! Anyway, Oblivion (yes!) and Gothic 3 are the main AAA titles I am looking forward to. I am curious what M&B will look like in its final incarnation, and I always keep an eye on the indie scene.

Relien

Scholar
Age of decadence. And no, I'm not sucking VD's dick :)
And Oblivion, to be honest. Despite all its probable flaws (hey, it'll RULE nonetheless!!!1!!11!11)
And do not stone me to death for mentioning these two games in one post. I don't know about Gothic, G2 didn't impress me much. But it would be fair to say that I didn't give it much time to do so.

LCJr.

Erudite
Chefe got stoned/liqoured Saturday night and spammed about 20 theads. I think he used the word "pussy" an average 2.5 times per thread.

FrancoTAU

Cipher
Elwro said:
Don't ever get anywhere near Gods: Lands of Inifity.I played the demo (got it with a magazine) and it was a complete waste of time. A nice main menu song and that's all.

I wasn't expecting a whole lot from this one, but it did sound like it had some interesting stuff. Care to elaborate on what's shitty about it? Is it buggy/incomplete or is the execution terrible?

bryce777

Erudite
Excrément said:
This genre is

dead

dead

dead

Dead

DEAD

DEAD

DEAD

DEAD

Funny, a lot of people were saying exactly the same thing when the first "video games" RPG appeared. a lot of people said true rpg are only book rpg and not video games rpg.

Movies are DEAD since Lumieres' brothers, Music is DEAD since Mozart, Fucking is DEAD since Sade, War is DEAD since Hitler...

Except we're actually right.

DemonKing

Arcane
I'm actually looking forward to Dragon Age, and there's always a small chance that with Avellone the NWN2 OC might be ok (although Atari will probably kick it out the door half-baked as per usual).

Pretty funny that the first poster from 2002 was looking forward to Lionheart!

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
I'm looking forward to AOD and that Echelon book one shit that looks good. I want to get some old skool shiznit rollin' pimp daddy style.

Do you feel me, G-MonE?

Excrément

Arbiter
bryce777 said:

I know by saying this genre is dead, you can put you in another dimension. Now, you are a wise old guy who know what a true game is and what it's not. And if one people say : "I can't wait for the copming soon RPGs" that mean that this guy is just a console kid fanboy with no brain (I sum-up your thougts?).

kris

Arcane
Dragon age & NWN 2 would be the only ones (except indie) that I look forward too. won't bother with Obvlivion unless I get to know it is a clear improvement from Morrowind and they add dialouge in the last minute.

bryce777

Erudite
Excrément said:
bryce777 said:

I know by saying this genre is dead, you can put you in another dimension. Now, you are a wise old guy who know what a true game is and what it's not. And if one people say : "I can't wait for the copming soon RPGs" that mean that this guy is just a console kid fanboy with no brain (I sum-up your thougts?).

Is that english?

Well, I think you have made my point for me.

It is slim pickings these days, and while I won't claim to be the sole arbiter of what is and is not an RPG, considering the fact I enjoyed almost any game claiming to be any rpg until the late 90s and hardly enjoy any of them now, I think it is safe to say that games today should not be able to claim the same genre as those older games. Some of them just suck, but mostly they are not the same. And suck.

Pr()ZaC

Scholar
Seboss said:
Pr()ZaC said:

Are you referring to the Post Apo joke of a RPG, cesspit of bug that's been released last year in Europe ?
Bingo. Yes, it was buggy as hell at the time of the launch but I see great dedication from the devs, trying to patch it and add content. I still have to have a chat with a german codexer about it so please, share some infos if you played it with the 1.8+ patch.
The US launch should happen "WiD" soon...

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Prozac, do you know if the zillion patches for The Fall actually make it playable? If it's playable and less retarded than its European incarnation, I might give it a go if I see it cheap.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Jora said:
Locue said:
The genre is hissing and popping. I'm waiting for the crackling.

NWN2 and Oblivion are the only games I'm waiting for.
What about indies? I can't think of a reason why Age of Decadence wouldn't interest me. Darghul is full of promise too. If nothing goes horribly wrong, both games should be released in half a year.
I'll admit I completely forgot to write Age of Decadence in that post for some reason. Please excuse me. I blame the fact that we lack coffee around where I was at the time.

Darghul is "less interesting"... as I haven't even taken a look at it yet. I'll immediately go and take a look so I can come back and decide whether or not it's interesting enough for me.

Edit:
Seboss said:
Pr()ZaC said:

Only in Germany and other countries like it. Not in the divinity that is Scandinavia.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom