Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Colony Ship RELEASE THREAD

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/648410/view/3809543111539544230

Update Notes for Nov 9 - Release Version

IMPROVEMENTS

- Game is now content complete.
- Added achievements.
- Added civilians moving around in populated areas.
- Added weapon reload sounds.
- Added footsteps sounds.
- Added ambient sounds.
- Added interaction sounds.
- Improved camera during dialogue.
- You can select a jumpsuit color in character creation.
- Improved "warning" sequence on the monks path.
- New music for Armory, Mission Control and Hydroponics areas.
- Added help screen.

CHANGES

- Interface tweaks.
- Tweaked premade characters.
- Added a non-combat solution for Jia's quest.
- Gifted is +3 to stats, +4 to skill points (from +2/+3).
- Added shop on Eli when delivering the machine to the monks.
- Tweaks to stores and loot.
- Updated Arena shop on CH3.
- Made bodies a bit harder to be found by enemies during stealth.
- Improved pathfinding around characters.
- Adjusted noise and sneak penalties.
- Tweaks to some early game checks (might require a new game to work correctly).
- Tweaked hydro red elder creeper encounter, added a tech option.
- Stealth tile danger now renders over objects around the mouse cursor.
- Energy rifles can now fire snap at point blank.
- Tweaked early game dialogues, especially some of the main character questions.
- Improved journal descriptions.

FIXES

- Fixed outlines and characters being visible through the "fog of war".
- Fixed issues with building interior objects outlines and interactivity (Camp Reid in particular).
- Fixed issue with forcefield door in Hargrave's quest.
- Fixed being able to use map in Menzel's quest, breaking the flow.
- Fixed being able to use map in Hargrave's ambush by leaving the conversation.
- Fixed issue with not getting the fuel cell and Mathias when he's not in your party.
- Fixed combat activating on Brotherhood warehouse stealth.
- Fixed issue with map screen button position.
- Fixed issues with characters blocking navigation.
- Fixed issue with sneak on armory frogs.
- Fixed issue with being stuck in apostolic heights apartment.
- Fixed "stiff body" issue with off-screen deaths.
- Fixed Hit & Kill Master trader interaction.
- Fixed loop when trying to leave ELCSS via elevator on the Hydro Alliance quest.
- Fixed issue with wall hole in gang building in pit outskirts.
- Fixed several issues when not doing certain events and going to the location later.
- Fixed incorrect interrupt tiles against melee enemies.
- Fixed issue in Jonas/Church events in the epilogue chapter.
- Fixed missing door sounds.
- Fixed minor misc errors.

Tigranes

Arcane
Congrats VD. I somehow held off on this since the closed beta years ago, looking forward to seeing the changes.

Humanophage

Arcane
Already purchased 2 years ago. Liked it a lot back then. One of the comfiest decisions was to make misses still deal damage. Will play it a bit later.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Played i little today as a charismatic leader. I probably should avoid combats till full party I guess. It is nice to see that there are trainers at the starting area already.

Tigranes

Arcane
Congrats VD. I somehow held off on this since the closed beta years ago, looking forward to seeing the changes.

OK, turns out I forgot everything about the game

Any general pointers for key choices in chargen (not minmaxing per se)?

Terra

Cipher
Already bought way back when, but fired it up today. Would be nice if the toggle hightlights was an actual toggle. Why every crpg assumes I want to hold Tab, Alt etc continuously to view highlighted objects eludes me. Solvable through external software I guess, but a true toggle would be better. Other than that, early impressions from myself are good.

Last edited:

jackofshadows

Magister
It's a miss but you get a consolation prize since many people have chimpouts about missing. This is an ingenious way of placating them without sacrificing the game.
Well a) it elevates armor importance since evasion won't work every time so grazes will kill you sooner or later, kind of background death timer if you don't have enouth DR which in turn correlates with armor handling mechanic b) there's a graze upgrade feat so to say so you can build some sort of graze builds with perception deviciency. So it's not exactly that.

agris

Arcane
Patron

OK, turns out I forgot everything about the game

Any general pointers for key choices in chargen (not minmaxing per se)?
Pick a few skills to be really good at, and select attributes / talents that support those skills. If you’re making a combat MC, the weapon-specific talents make a big difference.

Tigranes

Arcane
Now I remember the glorious blunt knockdown sprees in beta a million years ago. Good times. Might do it again. Just can't resist running up to people with guns and smashing them in the face.

The Pit is positively an amusement park with all the neon lights now, much more densely decorated.

havox

Novice
First impressions after an hour of playing not so great, giving me a kind of "we have a Shadowrun Returns at home" vibes. UI is clunky, switching weapon modes is awkward, moving with RMB and interacting with LMB is omega weird and no option to switch those around, and the microscopic font is hurting my eyes. Skill/exp system is really weird and counterintuitive, and the story of you being the chosen one to solve the local bum squabbles that occupy the trash heap you wake up in also doesn't win any awards.
Worse than Encased opening so far, I'll give it a couple more hours but the expectations are low.

TheDarkUrge

Educated
The new armory track is definitely an improvement. Time to crash this ship with no survivors (I am assuming this is an option, not a spoiler)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom