Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Colony Ship RELEASE THREAD

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
So combat and non-combat skills have different learning curves now (non-combat ones have much more steep curve). For example, electronics requires 700 LP for level 5 while for evasion that would be only 80. But the learning token gives 200 to any skill no matter the category. And there's skill monkey perk which boosts learning rate up to 35% for non-combat ones. There was also some other way afaik. So tagging a non-combat skill has much more value. What a fucking mess.
yeaaah... it seems like waiting for some balance patches proved to be not such a bad idea.
I don't think this is correct. Are you sure you haven't tagged evasion? Tags are +2 AFTER everything else, so leveling tagged evasion to 5 is the same as leveling a nontagged skill to 3.

We had some laughs from this article on the discord :-D

https://www.pcgamesn.com/colony-ship/steam-rpg

You take the classic, tabletop-influenced systems of BG3, mix them with Starfied’s chunky, ‘NASA punk’ space sci-fi, and throw in the grungy apocalyptica of Fallout, and you this, a huge, stunning new RPG that’s already blowing up on Steam.
I know game journos are super bad at their job, but Jesus. I can't comprehend how someone can look at Colony Ship system 5 ed dnd and conclude they are very similar. I mean just calling 5 ed classic is crazy, it's too modern.

jackofshadows

Magister
I don't think this is correct. Are you sure you haven't tagged evasion? Tags are +2 AFTER everything else, so leveling tagged evasion to 5 is the same as leveling a nontagged skill to 3.
Yeah, that was a hasty conclusion. My bad.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker

You take the classic, tabletop-influenced systems of BG3, mix them with Starfied’s chunky, ‘NASA punk’ space sci-fi, and throw in the grungy apocalyptica of Fallout, and you this, a huge, stunning new RPG that’s already blowing up on Steam.
I know game journos are super bad at their job, but Jesus. I can't comprehend how someone can look at Colony Ship system 5 ed dnd and conclude they are very similar. I mean just calling 5 ed classic is crazy, it's too modern.
Is the game actually blowing up?

scytheavatar

Scholar
Interested in this game, setting sounds extremely promising but I was wondering do you fight nothing but humans in this game? Cause that would make the combat sound extremely limited.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Interested in this game, setting sounds extremely promising but I was wondering do you fight nothing but humans in this game? Cause that would make the combat sound extremely limited.
Humans are the main enemies, but there's also some robots (turrets and walkers) and genetic experiments (mind worms, giant frogs, etc).

Let's hope

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Vault Dweller
- Please add 120 and 144 FPS caps as well.
- Make the extra mouse buttons bindable. I tend to use those very frequently, binding them to inventory and the like.
agree, but u can just cap the fps through nvidia or other programs tho, its abit more work, butit works. thats what I did to run 120hz

Sòren

Arcane
So combat and non-combat skills have different learning curves now (non-combat ones have much more steep curve). For example, electronics requires 700 LP for level 5 while for evasion that would be only 80. But the learning token gives 200 to any skill no matter the category. And there's skill monkey perk which boosts learning rate up to 35% for non-combat ones. There was also some other way afaik. So tagging a non-combat skill has much more value. What a fucking mess.

what the fuck are you talking about. you just didn't get the mechanics.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron

Let's hope
Seems to be #13 on steam top seller right now. Above the latest eu4 and ck3 dlcs that released this week. So it's probably doing ok at least.

Herumor

Scholar
Huh, did the Armory always have that high skill check for Computers? Talking about those energy field barriers, the second one of them being a 9 skill check.

vitellus

the irascible
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
so far it's good shit, i bought it about an hour before it came out of early access. the combat is nice and satisfying and the 'world' is gloomy and actually makes me curious about it enough to learn about it via scattered lore objects. and its difficulty is almost spot on and absolutely encourages non-brute force methods, or if you want to hammer all the nails then you best be popping out some lucky rolls and tactics. unless you're a casual who plays HERO mode

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think my only gripe with the game, right now, is that you can't pick multiple lvl 1 traits if you invested the stats for it.

I'm not sure why you're not fueling the power fantasy, but okay...

jackofshadows

Magister
Energy rifle has x4 ammo consumption. Okay, that's fair I guess but that also means that it needs to be recharged after 3 attacks which is weird for a rifle.

Technomancer

Liturgist
Energy rifle has x4 ammo consumption. Okay, that's fair I guess but that also means that it needs to be recharged after 3 attacks which is weird for a rifle.
Hate that system, don't know why it was redesigned in such a way. Would be easier and more straightforward to reduce available cells and clip size.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Clipboard02.jpg

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Hate that system, don't know why it was redesigned in such a way. Would be easier and more straightforward to reduce available cells and clip size.

That would just make it worse on so many levels, making rifles or the heavy pistol the only viable energy weapon (which is how it was early on and we did this change). Since the ammo is scarce, what you mostly care about is damage per cell, which is what the consumption balances.

If all weapons had 1 energy cell shots, you would only use the one that does 22-24 damage, not the one that does 17-19.

Sòren

Arcane
Is shotty viable in 1.0?
I think all weapon types are viable. Melee feels harder to build though.
I'll focus on shotgun, then.

i am just saying that because i haven't seen it spoken out before: all weapon skills are useful, i wouldn't say there is any that is worse than the other. but they have certain applications. SMGs are ineffective against heavy armor units, sniper rifles suck too much action points against high evasion and shields. shotguns lack range, as do (most) pistols. there's a similar relationship between bladed and blunt.

it's very well designed, i think.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom