Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Glittering Gems of Hatred - part 3

aries202

Erudite
I do really think that the we need to stand together against the pressure from Bethesda
Softworks and Zenimax media. Wwe shouldn't let something stand in the way of this.

And yes, I do know that the codex is a dirty word on the TES forums. And I do think Bethsoft's developers are reading the codex now and then. (but maybe not during work hours).

And don't you think that maybe, just maybe Bethsoft is sort of happy about this apparentlysplit in the Fallout Community ?

This means that Bethsoft is able to do what they do best - top cater to their image (be it real or not)of what the console crowd kids between the age of 13-19 would like (or so they think).

And anyone knows that these boys only want one thing: (and no, it isnøt that ;) : It is action & violence, not story, consequences and atmosphere.

And that's the game, I'm concerned that Bethsoft is going to makw when it comes down to making Fallout 3.

Rainstorm

Novice
mister lamat said:
No,it only means they bought a well known trademark and hope they can sell by using it...and it's strange,since the ones they most likely target with FO3 do not have any form of history with the Fallout universe.(apart from maybe POS)

which is known as 'giving a damn' by most people's standards. if they bought the license to throw darts at or gloryhole, you'd have a point. just because it's not a vision you agree with does not mean that it's not being worked hard on.

Ok,I should've been more clear,what I meant was the Fallout universe and the previous two RP games....(I wasn't very clear about that)
Of course they care about releasing something they hope will sell,but that doesn't mean they care about FO and its history per se.(only what they want to do with it)
I mean,if they called the same game FallenOff,they could still sell using Beth as the name to sell copies...so that's where I wonder why they would care about the name Fallout.(other than for a selling point,which is not there anyway,if they'll make the game I fear they'll make)

You do of course not in any way take the opposite role of "the real fans" who "can't keep their hate-jones for bethesda in their pants"? (pot,kettle,black)

of course i am. that was the point of what i wrote. hey, i get a kick of riding on little bitches too but then i'm not so obtuse as to demand said 'little bitches' respect my opinion and follow it. i just comment on it.

Ok,it's your right to do that,but as a FO fan I'm very likely to jump on these words too...of course. :)
I hope that Beth will make me apologize all over the 'net due to jumping to conclusions on what FO3 will be...but I seriously doubt they will,unfortunately.

So..."back in the day"...where were you? (considering you joined as late as -06...)

can't remember the password for 'mr. lamat' so i slightly changed the handle and made a new account.

K,the reason I posted this was the same as your reason to post against FO fans...I've come across too many of these "hey I've been here since...." so I thought you were another one of them...(all over the 'net I might add,same thing happens in UseNet,so I just took it at face value....)

Rosh

Erudite
Excrément said:
that's the miracle of the Internet, every anonym geek can become a superhero.

And another beauty of the internet, making incredibly uninformed remarks like the above without knowing what the fuck you're talking about, but nobody's in the same room to slap the stupid out of you for having done so.

I'm not going to repeat myself for your personal, special benefit, child. If you want to know more about me, you can prove you weren't a waste of basic education principles. You seem to know how to post, what's your excuse?

aires202 said:
And don't you think that maybe, just maybe Bethsoft is sort of happy about this apparentlysplit in the Fallout Community ?

No, there's really no "split", there's the clued and the clueless. As I noted before, I think they're shitting themselves over the hilarity of NMA's whining through multiple articles that Bethesda hasn't/isn't talking to them, when they haven't bothered to try and establish contacts there at Bethesda. Irony that they posted http://www.nma-fallout.com/features/codexcry.jpg onto their front page, when it so much better suits them.

I just got tired of bottle-feeding the couch chimps at NMA.

Excrément

Arbiter
Rosh said:
Excrément said:
that's the miracle of the Internet, every anonym geek can become a superhero.

And another beauty of the internet, making incredibly uninformed remarks like the above without knowing what the fuck you're talking about, but nobody's in the same room to slap the stupid out of you for having done so.

I'm not going to repeat myself for your personal, special benefit, child. If you want to know more about me, you can prove you weren't a waste of basic education principles. You seem to know how to post, what's your excuse?

hey sancho,

I don't give a flying fuck to who you are but I am glad for you kiddie you are a "superhero". You arrive to create an internet drama by leaving a bunch of fallout hippies no one care, that's an achievement.
your penis just gain 1"!
next objective : suck the balls of every codexers to get a new desperate home. we need you Rosh, jesus died recently and revived (Saint), he need some free and fresh mercenary to kill Judas (VD). may you become the ultimate gay we all dream about.

dagorkan

Arbiter
Excrément said:
we need you Rosh, jesus died recently and revived (Saint), he need some free and fresh mercenary to kill Judas (VD). may you become the ultimate gay we all dream about.

LOL, you have no idea.

Rosh

Erudite
Excrément said:
hey sancho,

I don't give a flying fuck to who you are but I am glad for you kiddie you are a "superhero".

Listen, knobgoblin, the feeling's mutual. I'm just having a laugh because you're stupid enough to imply anonymous, when in fact...aw, fuck it, you're too stupid to be worth my time.

next objective : suck the balls of every codexers to get a new desperate home. we need you Rosh, jesus died recently and revived (Saint), he need some free and fresh mercenary to kill Judas (VD). may you become the ultimate gay we all dream about.

If you hadn't already noticed my join date (which isn't surprising coming from you at this point), I've been here for years longer than you, shitstain.

Excrément

Arbiter
Rosh said:
If you hadn't already noticed my join date (which isn't surprising coming from you at this point), I've been here for years longer than you, shitstain.

WOAOAOAOAOAOAOAOAOAOAOA....Jesus Christ...OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFSDG.

give me your hand, I'll give you my dick.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Excrément said:
Rosh said:

WOAOAOAOAOAOAOAOAOAOAOA....Jesus Christ...OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFSDG.

/waiting for Rosh's fancy rebuttal and proving this statement is clueless :)

Excrément

Arbiter
Mr. Teatime said:
Excrément said:

I never saw the point of homoerotic insults.

me too but I never saw also the point of "look at my login date, it's older than you, bwawawawawawawa I am a superhero"

zioburosky13 said:
aries202 said:
And the point of the video is exactly what ??

Possible of what FO3 will looks like in 3D and real-time action. :shock:

You mean running through corridors, spinning rapidly, turning the flashlight on, staring at a dead body, and spending three minutes watching a vault door open and close?

Just give me a place to store my whores and I'm ready to pre-order.

franc kaos

Liturgist
zioburosky13 said:
aries202 said:
And the point of the video is exactly what ??

Possible of what FO3 will looks like in 3D and real-time action. :shock:

So where's the LOADING screens? their over reliance on Bloom? Normal mapping? Real time shadows that will have to be removed because it kills the framerate on the 360?

Also, Bethesda don't do door opening animations, they're teh hard.

stargelman

Scholar
aries202 said:
I do really think that the we need to stand together against the pressure from Bethesda
Softworks and Zenimax media. Wwe shouldn't let something stand in the way of this.

And yes, I do know that the codex is a dirty word on the TES forums. And I do think Bethsoft's developers are reading the codex now and then. (but maybe not during work hours).

This means that Bethsoft is able to do what they do best - top cater to their image (be it real or not)of what the console crowd kids between the age of 13-19 would like (or so they think).
They'll do what they want no matter what you and a bunch of other clowns decide to "do about it". I very much doubt they care about any divisions within the Fallout community - there's far too few of them to matter at all.
And anyone knows that these boys only want one thing: (and no, it isnøt that ;) : It is action & violence, not story, consequences and atmosphere.

And that's the game, I'm concerned that Bethsoft is going to makw when it comes down to making Fallout 3.
Don't be silly. We all know perfectly well what Fallout 3 will be, and for that matter what it won't be. And if you still don't, then you're even more impervious to reality than I was when I was a Oblivion fanboy (before it came out).

Rosh

Erudite
Excrément said:
me too but I never saw also the point of "look at my login date, it's older than you, bwawawawawawawa I am a superhero"

That also assumes that you're bright enough to do a little reading back upon someone's posts, if you wanted to know so much about them. Since they have been here a lot longer than you, and seem to be obviously more than "anonymous" (which you could tell just by reading this thread) they probably have some history/relevance in/around the site/topic of the site. But if you're going to play the part of "clueless spamtard", feel free. At least I can say that my presence in this thread, the Fallout fandom, and the industry as a whole, has relevance.

You do not. It's kind of hilarious to equate yourself to someone else simply because you managed to figure out the Post Reply button, Corky. It's hard to cry "anonymous" without drawing attention to the point that you're not bothering to learn about whom you're talking about. Not that I really care about a random piece of Randumb Forum Filler (which is easily verified by searching your posts),if you're going to insist on implying that when equating the two of us together, it will be myself that enjoys the laugh.

Sorry, but my work past and present extends past here, past NMA, and past most of the two-bit gaming college pimply primadonnas the currently make up the industry. And a majority of Bethesda, now.

Wait a moment? Why the fuck am I talking to forum filler? Go away kid, you’re bothering me.

gc051360

Scholar
At least I can say that my presence in this thread, the Fallout fandom, and the industry as a whole, has relevance.
Does the relevance to this thread, or the Fallout fandom have relevance?
Sorry, but my work past and present extends past here, past NMA, and past most of the two-bit gaming college pimply primadonnas the currently make up the industry. And a majority of Bethesda, now.
Bragging on an internet forum....alright.
Wait a moment? Why the fuck am I talking to forum filler? Go away kid, you’re bothering me
You care enough to reply to him...yet you tell him to 'go away' alright again.

Just a quick question. How many hours a day to you spend admiring yourself?

Rosh

Erudite
Amusing. So generally "everyone = anonymous and so who the fuck cares what they have to say BLAHBLAHBLAh0101!!1", but the moment they point something out about themselves or something they have done, they get accused of ego-polishing.

Sorry, children, I'm not going to fall for that one. Let me know when either of you have done something of note, and I might consider you to be something other than a waste of about 30 seconds of my time with my WPM. As I have noted before, the search function works for this forum, and I recently listed a few of the things I have done in regards to the CRPG genre.

I'll be off reading more amusing items of some importance, while you sit there coming up for a response to excuse your waste of bandwidth.

:D

gc051360

Scholar
but the moment they point something out about themselves or something they have done, they get accused of ego-polishing.
Well.....we can go the strawman route. But pointing out something about yourself is not ego-polishing. Bragging about it, and trying to use it to elevate yourself above others on an internet forum is kind of. But I didn't say you were ego-polishing. Just bragging..which you were.And admiring yourself, which you did again in the next post. And I don't see the point of bragging on the internet. But it's up to you whether this is worthy time spending. There is a difference between listing things you have done and being proud of them, and telling others they are less than you because of the things you have done.

And it defies logic. If you are a person of importance.....and we are just "children" than it makes no sense for you to rub it in "childrens" faces that you are better than them. I do not run up to 1st graders and brag about my ability to read better than them. Because it isn't necessary, because they are beneath me in that way. Of course you claim us to be of little importance to you, and a waste of time, but you choose to keep wasting your time on us. I find it to be a little silly.

Sorry, children, I'm not going to fall for that one. Let me know when either of you have done something of note, and I might consider you to be something other than a waste of about 30 seconds of my time with my WPM
Nope. I've done nothing of importance as of yet. So...why did you answer my post in the first place? Why do you feel the need to brag about your importance? Something doesn't seem right. Either you are completely full of it, or are very immature. Or a bit insecure....maybe you are just full of yourself. I do not know, nor do I really care to be honest.

I'll be off reading more amusing items of some importance, while you sit there coming up for a response to excuse your waste of bandwidth.
I have no excuses for being a waste of bandwidth. I am not an important person. I am a small child in your eyes. So me talking on this forum is not a waste of my time. It's right on my level according to you, and is not out of the ordinary. The question is why do you feel the need to go to the kiddie playground and show off?

Rosh

Erudite
What the hell, it gets a little bit more entertaining, so I'll entertain it for a bit longer.

gc051360 said:
Well.....we can go the strawman route.

I'd rather you not. Oops, too late.

But pointing out something about yourself is not ego-polishing. Bragging about it, and trying to use it to elevate yourself above others on an internet forum is kind of. But I didn't say you were ego-polishing. Just bragging..which you were.

Funny. When I read back, there's not much bragging, but more like enjoying the irony of some random user calling me anonymous, while in turn not bothering to check their facts at all.

Then they go into a straw man based upon joining date, missing the reference that I've been here some time in a number of roles not just related to NMA. I then point out that it's amusing that such an ignorant shit (pun not intended) comes to such a conclusion when there's evidence contrary. If only they would bother to look it up.

Then some other twit coming along and does the same thing.

And admiring yourself, which you did again in the next post.

Did I forget to mention that I'm a sexy beast? :D

Extends = goes beyond. My work isn't just what I do here, did at NMA, or in the past. I also don't care about those who go to a gaming college learning to make things shiny, but really don't learn anything of real importance to development. Shiny might entertain the idiots at ESF, but it doesn't quite work for me.

And I don't see the point of bragging on the internet.

Oh, no! I point out to one moron that I'm not quite as "anonymous" as their straw man argument would like, and another comes along with an even more stupid one.

But it's up to you whether this is worthy time spending. There is a difference between listing things you have done and being proud of them, and telling others they are less than you because of the things you have done.

Well, they were the ones to start throwing around "anonymous" ignorantly, I was wanting to know what they might have done for me to be evaluated in such a way. After all, I'd like to know who I'm being considered "anonymous" by.

Speaking of relevance, what I have done, and even just me myself, has a lot more relevance to this subject than your tangential quote farming. So back off the ego, for this topic it IS considered the authority over you. Unless you have something to say about the topic...no?

I didn't think so.

And it defies logic. If you are a person of importance.....and we are just "children" than it makes no sense for you to rub it in "childrens" faces that you are better than them. I do not run up to 1st graders and brag about my ability to read better than them. Because it isn't necessary, because they are beneath me in that way.

So then what do I call the drooling gimp that keeps dry-humping the corner of my desk, calling me anonymous while their monosyllabic efforts are knocking the frames down from the wall? Then another one comes in and goes for the same desk corner? Ah, I have it.

Fine, quit pestering me and wasting site bandwidth, retard.

Of course you claim us to be of little importance to you, and a waste of time, but you choose to keep wasting your time on us. I find it to be a little silly.

Only if you have something remotely intelligent or relevant to say. So far, you've failed on both counts for this thread. So you're going to be treated as forum filler as well.

Nope. I've done nothing of importance as of yet. So...why did you answer my post in the first place? Why do you feel the need to brag about your importance? Something doesn't seem right. Either you are completely full of it, or are very immature. Or a bit insecure....maybe you are just full of yourself. I do not know, nor do I really care to be honest.

The feeling is becoming to be mutual. So you have done nothing of note to give you that relevance to this thread. You don't even bother to stay anywhere close to the topic, but instead start this ad hominem crusade against me because some random forum filler is being a twit, and I dare point out that my work has been a bit outside of what some forum spamtard can assume from simply reading this thread.

So, in short, you're a forum-filling retard that essentially puts themselves on the same level as me simply because Corky can hit Post Reply. Congratulations, you do the human race proud by being exactly what I was congratulating the other spamtard for.

I have no excuses for being a waste of bandwidth. I am not an important person. I am a small child in your eyes.

Let's see...you get involved in a thread that has nothing to do with you, you have no relevance to, you don't even bother sticking to the thread, and you can't even read in context. Yet you feel the need to make comments about me. Amusing.

So me talking on this forum is not a waste of my time. It's right on my level according to you, and is not out of the ordinary.

Not out of the ordinary for the ESF forums. Maybe you should try there.

The question is why do you feel the need to go to the kiddie playground and show off?

This used to be the adult pool, until it was cool for the little kids to come along and drop a deuce for attention. There is a reason why I don't visit the GameSpy, IGN, or any other mass media site, because of their rather...puerile tastes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom