Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Guilty Gear Strive - ArcSys fighting game

AN4RCHID

Arcane

New character trailer dropped at CEO

Sunri

Liturgist
I recently returned to ggs, and it works a lot faster now so that's good I already have my main so i won't be shilling for dlc characters anyway but good to see some big booba.

my58OCu.gif

Nathir

Liturgist
Looks like another character with the Xrd model ported over, just like Jack-O. I did hope for a redesign for Baiken, since almost all the classic characters got one. I was hoping something more in line with the XX versions. That look is so much cooler then the Xrd one.

Generic-Giant-Spider

You know her tits are real good when I didn't notice for the longest time she was missing an arm.

AN4RCHID

Arcane
Finally got Celestial after like 30 challenges. I didn't even get in beating other challengers, it was legit celestials. Feels fucking good man.

so_good.png

AN4RCHID

Arcane
Sunri Nathir why decline? Genuinely curious, I did not play the earlier games so I don't have any strong opinion on how Baiken should be. The trailer looked pretty cool to me.

Nathir

Liturgist
Sunri Nathir why decline? Genuinely curious, I did not play the earlier games so I don't have any strong opinion on how Baiken should be. The trailer looked pretty cool to me.

Well, I don't like the new design as much as the old one. And the gameplay looks boring, jsut like all of Strive.

Reever

Scholar
Patron
I only dabbled a little bit in previous GGs with Baiken but I was really excited for her Strive appearance. Unfortunately she lost a lot of her moves from previous GG, some which I thought were what made her unique in the first place. I mean, she has only 4 goddamn special moves. I don't understand why they had to completely gut her guard cancels and instead give her a boring ass parry. At least her air TK is still untouched (though it's not a TK input anymore I guess) I'll probably still play her but I am a bit disappointed.

AN4RCHID

Arcane
I only dabbled a little bit in previous GGs with Baiken but I was really excited for her Strive appearance. Unfortunately she lost a lot of her moves from previous GG, some which I thought were what made her unique in the first place. I mean, she has only 4 goddamn special moves. I don't understand why they had to completely gut her guard cancels and instead give her a boring ass parry. At least her air TK is still untouched (though it's not a TK input anymore I guess) I'll probably still play her but I am a bit disappointed.
To be fair, some other members of the Strive cast also only have four specials so her toolkit is not out of line in this game. She does look different to play than I expected. Everyone was saying she's a defensive character, but she almost looks more like a mixup/rushdown, with a parry.

Sunri

Liturgist
I love big titties, but I wonder why no one is talking about unrealistic male characters be it rpg or anything else every nerd have 6 pack :shitposting:

sd8qrwfad6e81.jpg
]
swoqv3jad6e81.jpg

Reever

Scholar
Patron
(though it's not a TK input anymore I guess)
It was a DP motion, now it's QCF. Still requires a TK to do it as low and as fast as possible.
https://glossary.infil.net/?t=Tiger Knee
You're right. I meant to say DP instead of TK in that situation.

What is that guy even referring to with "moving a bit away from this"? The game always had fan service through the roof for both sexes. And if they're referring to big booba they released Jack-O half a year ago.
At least it's clear non of these clowns are actually playing the game and instead just complain about cartoon breasts.

Last edited:

Nathir

Liturgist
Does it even matter if her tits were big or not? The new look is just straight up bad character design. It looks like they should spill out of her dress after merely walking forward, much less fighting. The old one was way more elegant and battle-ready. New one is just like it came from a hentai.

Sunri

Liturgist
Seems good, but I still didn't test all default characters, so I'm not buying any character dlc.

AN4RCHID

Arcane
Does it even matter if her tits were big or not? The new look is just straight up bad character design. It looks like they should spill out of her dress after merely walking forward, much less fighting. The old one was way more elegant and battle-ready. New one is just like it came from a hentai.
They're almost exactly the same. I assume they just brushed up the old model a little bit

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I only played two of these games but I always loved the animations and flow. Are the PC ports worth a damn because they are often on sale?

AN4RCHID

Arcane
I only played two of these games but I always loved the animations and flow. Are the PC ports worth a damn because they are often on sale?
I haven't played the older games but they added rollback netcode to Accent Core +R recently, so the PC port is supposedly a good online experience now. Xrd still has the old delay based netcode.

Strive is a lot of fun IMO and has smooth online. The biggest issue is the lobby system is annoying and buggy. AFAIK the PC port is identical to the PS4 version except it doesn't have forced input delay, so it's actually superior.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom