Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Guilty Gear Strive - ArcSys fighting game

Nathir

Liturgist
Does it even matter if her tits were big or not? The new look is just straight up bad character design. It looks like they should spill out of her dress after merely walking forward, much less fighting. The old one was way more elegant and battle-ready. New one is just like it came from a hentai.
They're almost exactly the same. I assume they just brushed up the old model a little bit

I don't think you know what I meant by *old vs new design". You just posted two pictures of the same (new) look.

AN4RCHID

Arcane
Does it even matter if her tits were big or not? The new look is just straight up bad character design. It looks like they should spill out of her dress after merely walking forward, much less fighting. The old one was way more elegant and battle-ready. New one is just like it came from a hentai.
They're almost exactly the same. I assume they just brushed up the old model a little bit

I don't think you know what I meant by *old vs new design". You just posted two pictures of the same (new) look.

Then explain yourself clearly. If you're thinking of a specific older game, don't expect people to read your mind and know which one.

Last edited:

Nathir

Liturgist
Then explain yourself clearly. If you're thinking of a specific older game, don't expect people to read your mind and know which one.

Jeez I'm sorry. I thought it was obvious since there's only 2.

Anyway:

Old:

baiken-rlstance.gif
baiken-xxhr.jpg

New:

baiken-guiltygear-xrd-stance.gif
png-transparent-guilty-gear-xrd-revelator-playstation-3-playstation-4-guilty-gear-xx-blazblue-miscellaneous-video-game-playstation-4.png
latest

Last edited:

AN4RCHID

Arcane
Cross play is awesome news. No more separate tournies and way bigger pool of players online. This should be the standard for fighting games going forward.

Generic-Giant-Spider

If KOF XV fixes its matchmaking and got crossplay I'd die pleased with my time on this Earth.

Generic-Giant-Spider

The full splash art of his shown at the end of the trailer is even worse. He is really ramped up towards the "effeminate" side of things based on his pose alone. Probably the absolute gayest redesign I've ever seen.

Bridget is probably some badass guy now.

Generic-Giant-Spider

SNK is the last hope is why.

Latin-America chooses wisely once again.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Let's talk pretty boys vs. full fag mode.

Vega from Street Fighter, long nails, long braid, talks about how hot he is 24/7, wants to fuck his mirror. Takes his mask off, clearly a man. Body? A man's. Just a man that grooms. A pretty boy, yes, but a fag? No.

Testament from Strive? Full fuckin' faggot. Now his old design wasn't some pillar of masculinity, but it was flamboyant in that "Marilyn Manson goth" way. This here? What the fuck happened. Why did they do this. Could've given him some edgelord shit, corpsepaint and all, something real metal, but they made him some sorta' burlesque dancer. Nigga should be singing Lady Marmalade with a Village People cover band, ah ah ah ah ah ah.

AN4RCHID

Arcane
Incidentally, in following Strive over the past year I've noticed a bizarre phenomena around fighting games (or maybe specifically in the Strive community) of referring to everyone as "they/them" by default. For example commentators will refer to a player as "they" even if the player in question is a normal healthy male. It's obviously a directive from somewhere higher up, because you can see them fucking up and saying "he" or "him", then correcting themselves.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Incidentally, in following Strive over the past year I've noticed a bizarre phenomena around fighting games (or maybe specifically in the Strive community) of referring to everyone as "they/them" by default. For example commentators will refer to a player as "they" even if the player in question is a normal healthy male. It's obviously a directive from somewhere higher up, because you can see them fucking up and saying "he" or "him", then correcting themselves.
Any kind of video game competition has been infiltrated by trannies, that's why. And sadly, with society as it is nowadays nobody has an easier path to get what they want.

That's not to say that there aren't plenty of normal people in there, but they shut up and just endure it less they torpedo their careers.
(As has happened plenty of times in the last few years)

Nathir

Liturgist
This is the worst redesign ever. One of my favourites too. Fuck this shit game. Oh well, I am sure the trannies will love him (her? them? lmfao).

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Remember when I said I wanted Testament?

I take it back.

What the FUCK.

He was a gothic emo before, but now looks like a tranny trap. Disgusting.

They have given him female face and even hip ratio! If we didn´t know he is a guy he could pass as a new girl. Can´t believe Daisuke is behind this redesign.

Generic-Giant-Spider

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guiltygear/comments/tigjce/testament_looking_kinda_bad/

One of the comments: "Hopefully if Dizzy is added she wears pants." LOL Couldn't script it myself, brudda.

I don't know what "yas queen slay" means but I'm pretty sure it should be made legal to physically assault anybody that says such an outrageously gay thing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom