Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Guilty Gear Strive - ArcSys fighting game

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
More trannies. Next character will be a black masculine woman at this pace.

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
They changed the symbol Bridget used on his head piece from a male sign to a transgender one.
Remove from Wishlist. They are clearly using defined globohomo symbols, as shown also with Tempest colours.
I hope they get bought by Tencent one day.

Self-Ejected

Lim-Dûl

Self-Ejected
As if restoring the gender symbol would negate the inherent degeneracy of the character

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
As if restoring the gender symbol would negate the inherent degeneracy of the character
I don't have much issues with odd characters with blurred lines between male and female, man and beast, flesh and ghost. If they are well done.
I have now a knee jerk reaction to such characters because of the current political climate but i try to keep a fair and balanced mind.

Now what i really dislike is exhibition of new symbols that are associated with a political movement.
It isn't about artistic freedom but of conforming to the elites will and to that i say fuck you.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
NJVLzhN.png

:updatedmytxt:

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
Holy kek. They actually put in fucking Bridget of all characters. I was being generous to ArcSys about Testament, but now there's a pattern. I really hate the Japanese.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Holy kek. They actually put in fucking Bridget of all characters. I was being generous to ArcSys about Testament, but now there's a pattern. I really hate the Japanese.
I'm glad more people notice patterns. Not so glad to see Guilty Gear corrupted.

I expect more and worse things to come in the next years.

Reever

Scholar
Patron
Y'all are retarded if you think bridget is here to pander to trannies. It's here because Japan is full of degenerates and he is one of the most popular (and most requested) characters over there.

Self-Ejected

Lim-Dûl

Self-Ejected
I don't have much issues with odd characters with blurred lines between male and female, man and beast, flesh and ghost. If they are well done.
I have now a knee jerk reaction to such characters because of the current political climate but i try to keep a fair and balanced mind.

Now what i really dislike is exhibition of new symbols that are associated with a political movement.
It isn't about artistic freedom but of conforming to the elites will and to that i say fuck you.
baste

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guiltygear/comments/wj3hx7/gg_world_refers_to_bridget_with_sheher_pronouns/

Trannies already tripping themselves over in trying to justify their twisted headcannon.
How come they're insisting on using he/him pronouns for Bridget? Bridget is a biological male who was raised as a woman and wears female clothing. So you'd think that they'd want to call him she/her. It's really GG World here that's pushing tranny shit. I guess they're insisting on it because Bridget still identifies as a man. That's one part of Bridget that never made any sense to me, really. Bridget left his town and became a bounty hunter in order to act more like a man (that's what's said in Xrd's GG World, anyway). If he wanted to act more like a man and get away from his feminine upbringing, why is he still wearing that gay fucking outfit? It would've been based if Bridget came back as a buff uber-chad, but I guess ArcSys needs to appeal to both western trannies and Japanese trap lovers.

Nathir

Liturgist
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guiltygear/comments/wj3hx7/gg_world_refers_to_bridget_with_sheher_pronouns/

Trannies already tripping themselves over in trying to justify their twisted headcannon.
How come they're insisting on using he/him pronouns for Bridget? Bridget is a biological male who was raised as a woman and wears female clothing. So you'd think that they'd want to call him she/her. It's really GG World here that's pushing tranny shit. I guess they're insisting on it because Bridget still identifies as a man. That's one part of Bridget that never made any sense to me, really. Bridget left his town and became a bounty hunter in order to act more like a man (that's what's said in Xrd's GG World, anyway). If he wanted to act more like a man and get away from his feminine upbringing, why is he still wearing that gay fucking outfit? It would've been based if Bridget came back as a buff uber-chad, but I guess ArcSys needs to appeal to both western trannies and Japanese trap lovers.

If you read the thread, people say he is referred to as a male in the jap version. The she/her translations are apparently US only for some reason. And then you have a bunch of people trying to explain how this makes sense, how japs don't use pronouns like english does, etc. I was talking specifically about these people, who somehow care about a characters LGBTQ identity. The GG sub is full of weebs and trannies anyway. Nobody cares about about the game. I tried to look up the winner of EVO at work on the GG subreddit, and the EVO thread was on second page already, with around 30 replies in total. This trans faggotry is currently at 200 comments.

As for the character, I agree with you. I always thought it would be funny if one of those meme artworks of buff bridget would end up as his redesign. But if you look at the character popularity polls they revealed a few days ago, Bridget is number one in Japan. Trap Bridget to be exact. Now I've seen this concpet of a boy raised as a girl a few times in different japanese things, so I guess it's something cultural that I do not get? Or it's just degeneracy? Either way, I was never a big fan of Bridget and Strive is very boring so I don't care that much overall.

RoBoBOBR

Arcane
Patron
kiwifarms:

So in the JP script, Bridget is responding to being called "little missy". But compared to the EN line, it's more of a playful "I'm a girl (♂)" rather than "I'm a girl (meaning my identity is female)". It's a teasing thing that's common for Japan's otoko no ko culture.

Not even the first time this year that it happened to a crossdressing character, either. Trannies despise crossdressers and have a huge hateboner for okono no ko culture. It's why you see "trap" characters get twisted around in tranny communities, they're trying to claim something that really only has a small connection to them. This whole ordeal looks exactly like what we've seen the sideshow do for a while now.
If Bridget were actually a trans character now, we'd probably see some JP material describing him as a "newhalf" or "transvestite", because those are the common terminology over there for that type of person.

Gerrard

Arcane
From one of the most talented and inspirational game devs to a washed up game designer, washed up composer, and a tranny groomer.
What has to happen in a man's life to cause this?

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
From one of the most talented and inspirational game devs to a washed up game designer, washed up composer, and a tranny groomer.
What has to happen in a man's life to cause this?
No God.

Eventually, even geniuses like Daisuke lose the divine spark and become demon tools, if they don't answer the call from Heaven.

Thorakitai

Learned
It's honestly amazing seeing the Orwellian Retcon taking place so quickly in real time. Only a 2 days ago, I've seen the page mentioning Bridget as a he after the reveal trailer but now...

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Characters/GuiltyGearXX

It's not even about the gender crap anymore, seeing how established lore story change just because of political bias is enraging.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom