Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Oblibion: The Comic

HardCode

Erudite
Bosco said:

Did Frankie get banned? Look at post #179. Frankie in red, unregistered and no avatar. As far as I know, you can't post there with a guest account/non-registered user name. That would be so fucking funny if he got banned from there.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Looks like it. Wow, I can't believe it. Oh well, Frankie has finally learned how much Bethesda cares about the fans.

Data4

Arcane
Vault Dweller said:
Looks like it. Wow, I can't believe it. Oh well, Frankie has finally learned how much Bethesda cares about the fans.

The irony is just too much. If anything, THAT needs a comic!

-D4

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
I actually feel kind of sad for the guy. His whole world was just shattered... into Oblivion.

Data4

Arcane
False alarm... he's back, showing a re-sub date of 2/7. Dammit, I was taking more joy than is healthy at the possibility of him being banned.

-D4

MetalCraze

Arcane
this comic reminds me of how shitty oblibion storyline was

oh come on
"you're the one from my dreams, you sit in jail for no reason and btw there's a secret escape route in the prison cell where we hold misc scum"
what's best they even made it possible for you to follow them - when you simply could take emperor as a hostage and demand something (oh wait - script would not let you)

wtf?!

and looking from the 3rd person perspective at your "dialogues" in that comic - it feels like you play a mentally retarded prisoner who can say 1 word at max

That "Voiced by Boba Fett!" thing is the kind of stuff you see in South Park. I'll bet Elder Scrolls 5 will have something like "Sylvester Stallone IS Mudcrab" on it's package.

Andhaira

Arcane
Hey that prison cell is where you start out in arena!!

Dang where is that rat who attacks you!

El Dee

Scholar
I had forgotten how good this was. Back in the day on ESF it created quite a stir when someone posted the links for this, of course that was before the codex became a forbidden subject over there.

Nutcracker

Scholar
There was indeed...which happened to be the same time that Bethesda developers such as Kathode and MSFD actually posted more on the Codex than they did on the ESF.

Which incidentally is one of the reasons i came here. I remember some of the ES fanboys were pissed off that the devs were posting so much on other forums instead of their own, so i decided to come take a look here and see what the fuss about. Then i jumped ship after finding out that the quality and freedom of discussion here was about 10x higher - and you didnt have mindless tard fanboys like Frankie. The irony is though that frankie eventually realised oblivion was a pile o' shit and got banned despite being an involved member of the ESF community for ~5 years.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Nutcracker said:
The irony is though that frankie eventually realised oblivion was a pile o' shit and got banned despite being an involved member of the ESF community for ~5 years.
"Viva la revolucion!"

Seriously, defeatism is not tolerated by the high command there.

Ahzaruuk

Arbiter
Nutcracker said:
There was indeed...which happened to be the same time that Bethesda developers such as Kathode and MSFD actually posted more on the Codex than they did on the ESF.

Which incidentally is one of the reasons i came here. I remember some of the ES fanboys were pissed off that the devs were posting so much on other forums instead of their own, so i decided to come take a look here and see what the fuss about. Then i jumped ship after finding out that the quality and freedom of discussion here was about 10x higher - and you didnt have mindless tard fanboys like Frankie. The irony is though that frankie eventually realised oblivion was a pile o' shit and got banned despite being an involved member of the ESF community for ~5 years.
I never knew the Frankie that was the ES fan, I only knew the Frankie that was the Anti-Beth Retard.

He apparently was a retarded Anti-fanboy as much as he was a retarded fanboy.

Nutcracker

Scholar
I was a member of the ESF for ages before Oblivion was released, and Frankie was one of the chief defenders of the design decisions that were slowly being revealed. I'm not sure the point where he got disillusioned - i remember that the closer things got to release, the more tards kept joining the forums...i think that became a tidal wave when the game came out. Even 6 months out from release there as still some good discussion there to be had, and some intelligent posters. Most of them left because of all the tards though, and the increasingly fascist moderation.

xedoc gpr

Scholar
Qarl got banned? What kind of excuse would Beth have to do that? The guy dedicated endless hours of his time on their product (voluntarily).....

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
xedoc gpr said:
Qarl got banned? What kind of excuse would Beth have to do that? The guy dedicated endless hours of his time on their product (voluntarily).....
I think it was because he posted animated pictures of boobs to demonstrate proper boob physics. Or something.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom