Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warlordocracy - RTwP RPG/RTS from developer of Brigand: Oaxaca - now available on Early Access

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

ss_b0edd0dae292a434eeee9c6abee589f25e9d8140.600x338.jpg
ss_864bd50950ea109ec238fcac31601656945e1607.600x338.jpg

The republic fell quickly and unexpectedly with the mysterious death of First Man Barien Trebius. The three noble houses quickly tumbled into an orgy of violence, causing a mass exodus of the capital city of Jadenbury. Salvio "The Scorcher" Tevani fled Jadenbury, burning all the crops and houses he passed. Andresi Mesali managed to subdue House Verenci and entered into a trembling treaty, causing the lockdown of the capital.

Other warlords have emerged from the smoldering ruins of the Viridi Republic, and others still have squirmed their way into the ashes, the Bearded Bandits, the Third Moon Pirates, the Krugen Owl Clan, the Trog Confederacy, the Siliki Empire.

To the west in Lockdell, Salvio the Scorcher is raising a militia to retake Jadenbury from Andresi Mesali. You just so happen to be one of these selfless "volunteers".

Demo on itch: https://blancaster45.itch.io/warlordocracy-demo

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Brigand is very underrated. Its sort of a hybrid between Morrowind and Deus Ex. Spells, drugs and uzis in a weird South American setting.

On the other hand this looks like a JRPG made in RPG maker

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Quality devlogs https://blancaster45.itch.io/warlordocracy-demo/devlog/301809/warlordocracy-demo-v13

Added another 2 maps to the Warlordocracy Demo: Lurkwood Heights and the Bandit Camp. There are snakes and ungodly A-sexual slimes that don't worship Jesus or reproduce sexually like GOD intended. I believe the GUI is... finished?

Still not ready to publish the Steam page, so that's gonna be the next demo in a couple weeks. Because really I haven't tested this shit through yet and I wanna go out and eat some French toast. Or as they call it in France: toast.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Btw the demo is now also on Steam.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1748160/view/3140695239365486967

Finally starting an official list of changes, bitches.

DEMO 20:

-Added hotkeys.
-Added ability descriptions to training window.
-Added ability skill requirements (and script commands).
-Shortened some ability descriptions that were too long.
-Fixed sprite position reset when status effect changes.
-Fixed collision for town\tableLong2 object.
-Snakes and rats no longer block movement.
-Rolled back to old AI pathfinding.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/652410/eventcomments/3200367934433416695/#c3200367934433742966

Serisouly, though, I want some feedback before I keep going.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Worth pointing out that it's also available on itch:
https://blancaster45.itch.io/warlordocracy-demo/devlog/323187/warlordocracy-demo-20

Guess it's finally time to give this a try, I'm curious to see what he's aiming for with this game.

Brigand is very underrated. Its sort of a hybrid between Morrowind and Deus Ex. Spells, drugs and uzis in a weird South American setting.

On the other hand this looks like a JRPG made in RPG maker
Mexico is in North America.
But agreed, Brigand deserves more love, it's very creative.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1748160/view/3131694291124140952

Future Plans for Warlordocracy
New Demo Probably March 5th

I am still working on another couple of side-quests in the Warlordocracy demo and finalizing the class balance (gotta add in some bluff dialogue options, etc.). Then I'm gonna playtest through the demo with every class, then hopefully update on Fuck Napoleon III day, March 5th.

The demo is going to stay restricted to only 10 maps, so I'm done with the demo maps. I just need to make sure that the classes are balanced, finish some more dialogue and side-quests, and hopefully improve the pathfinding a lot more. Then I can keep working on the full version.

You can import your entire party and list of reputations into different stories with the script commands already, so I think the first full paid release will be the first four chapters. There will be a satisfying conclusion but obviously some loose ends. Then there will be a couple DLCs that add two more chapters each that you can import your party and reputations into. So there will probably be a total of 8 chapters before the party gets too overpowered. I have tons of story notes and an ultimate ending, and now I just need a way to conclude the base game in a satisfactory way before the optional expansions.

There, I made the outline of my outline. Time to get high.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

The Bearded Bandits vs. some boars in Tuskwood in Warlordocracy. I had to change Lurkwood to Tuskwood because the Forgotten Realms already has a Lurkwood. Technically Star Wars has a kind of wood called Tuskwood but Star Wars can go suck itself. Can't stand Star Wars shit. Still working on pathfinding, which should be greatly improved in a few days.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Mexico is in North America.

If they look like South Americans, live like south americans and have the same cultural roots than south americans, they are south americans...

Same goes for "eastern" european countries, I met Czech, Slovaks, Polaks, Serbs, Hungarians, Slovens and they all will tell you they're from central Europe but they're not, because what determines western and eastern Europe is what side or the Iron Curtain your country was and they were on the eastern side...

Last edited:

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Shit mate, that's one of the most ignorant things I've read in quite a while. Just grab a book so you don't come across as such a dumbfuck next time.

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
Stealth is pretty much working now. While concealed enemies have to be within 5 tiles and facing your direction for them to spot you. Gonna upload the new demo version in a few days.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Whoops, I forgot to add retaliation to the Disarming ability in Warlordocracy. It is funny that you can just go around smacking weapons out of the guards' hands and they do nothing about it.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

I was gonna just not include horses in my game, because there is no way I'm gonna have riding mechanics, but I decided I needed them for fast travel at wagon caravans.

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
I'm making it so you can milk cows, goats, and sheep in #Warlordocracy by using them and having an empty bottle. But I'm not sure where to stop. Should you be allowed to milk llamas? I do have llamas in the game.

FVAP-BRVsAAZNLM

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom