Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warlordocracy - RTwP RPG/RTS from developer of Brigand: Oaxaca - now available on Early Access

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Mobile AI can now use the same abilities as the player. They have to know the ability and have enough Meta, and be in the right situation (scripted in the "ai\aiUseItems.wsl" script that you can look at with Notepad). Here's a berserker using the Mad Dash ability and the the Berserk ability (naked guy is invincible).

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

Robbing some graves, then shooting a fire arrow at some wasps, chopping up the hive, and collecting some honey in an empty bottle in Warlordocracy. Some wasps make honey, I checked.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

Filling up buckets with spa water to put out a bunch of fires in the Kickdi Brothel. Gonna be used later in naval battles where you have to fire cannons and put out fires below deck.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

Street light effects now reveal concealed characters in the upcoming patch. Player gets spotted, shot, crippled, and killed by arbalists with the Aimed Shot ability.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Making a play for the Roxor audience:

Been thinking about ratfolk a lot lately, so I'm gonna make them an entire faction you can make friends with and include a ratfolk party member.

Jinn

Arcane
Brian Lancaster, so I know you're working on Chapter 2 right now, but would you consider Chapter 1 to be fully feature-complete and polished?

Brian Lancaster

Laughing Coyote Software
Developer
I might add like one more map and side quest to Chapter 1 before I finish all 6 chapters and leave early access, mostly to get some reputation I haven't thought of yet that matters in later chapters. I'll think about it after I finish all chapters.

In Arcanum you could convince the main bad guy that he's a loser and he should just kill himself if you max out your charisma, so that will definitely be a feature in Warlordocracy, yes.

EDIT: Main bad guy is based primarily on Ben Shapiro.

Jinn

Arcane
Brian Lancaster, are you still working on refining the pathfinding? I have to admit, I tried the game out the other day for the first time since it launched into early access, and the pathfinding seems just about as bad as it was back then. And that is really bad. Like, maddeningly bad.

Brian Lancaster

Laughing Coyote Software
Developer
It's pretty much as good as it's gonna be. Way better than it was in early acces. Characters should always turn the right direction when walking around corners at least.

EDIT: I am gonna add an option to increase game speed while out of combat in the next patch, though.

EDIT 2: I might also completely remove AI waypoints. They sometimes make characters go way out of the way.

EDIT 3: Also, I gotta make it so characters don't move behind walls with windows when pathfinding (they are little deadends that allow you to shoot arrows outside). That should be easy to do right now.

Last edited:

Tavernking

Don't believe his lies
Developer
Can you update the demo? The pathfinding and UI were atrocious

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom