Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warlordocracy - RTwP RPG/RTS from developer of Brigand: Oaxaca - now available on Early Access

Tavernking

Don't believe his lies
Developer
It's up to date. What's wrong with the UI?
Either you didn't update the demo or your fixes still result in terrible pathfinding. I was near the top left of this screen and told my party to move down near the docks entrance (where the yellow Xs are) and they decided to take a detour down an alley and proceeded to get stuck there shuffling back and forth like confused idiots. It took the blonde guy a whole minute to reach his destination, and out of morbid curosity I sat back and put on a timer for the woman and after 7 minutes she still hadn't reached her destination and I gave up...

To add insult to injury the game later tells me I should lure the bandits towards the boars, I tried it, and my characters couldn't even move towards the boars because the pathfinding is so bad.

Sorry if that came off too harsh I just want the game to be better.

image (6).png

Tavernking

Don't believe his lies
Developer
Oh ya, the pathfinding still sucks. But what about the UI?

I'm just gonna make a path around the backside of that alley.
Seems like a bandaid approach, don't you think it would be more worthwhile to analyze why the pathfinding is so shoddy? I'm sure there are people out there willing to help with whatever engine you're using.

The pathfinding is way more important than any UI issues, so don't worry about that. People will deal with the UI and adapt to it if they game is good enough. But the pathfinding is way too frustrating imo.

Jinn

Arcane
To add insult to injury the game later tells me I should lure the bandits towards the boars, I tried it, and my characters couldn't even move towards the boars because the pathfinding is so bad.
I found it funny when the game told me to lure the bandits to the boars, and it became more of a battle with the game to make that happen than the tactic itself. That's sadly when I quit my last session.

Really want to play the game because it has a lot ideas I like, but I have to agree with Tavernking here.

Tavernking

Don't believe his lies
Developer
I found it funny when the game told me to lure the bandits to the boars, and it became more of a battle with the game to make that happen than the tactic itself. That's sadly when I quit my last session.

Really want to play the game because it has a lot ideas I like, but I have to agree with Tavernking here.
That's when I quit too! We got filtered by the boars!!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Pathfinding still fucks up when setting a destination past two different doorways, or trying to walk all the way around a house if you're on the wrong side. But it's getting better.

Jinn

Arcane
Thank you for putting the work in on the pathfinding, Brian Lancaster. It's really going to make a world of difference for the general playability of the game. I will definitely be giving it another go once you land on your final iteration of it.

Last edited:

Brian Lancaster

Laughing Coyote Software
Developer
Just did one more update so they look for waypoints as soon as you click, so it should be improved from a video a bit now.

EDIT: But I still have a couple more ideas to improve it. I wanna finish Chapter 2 first.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Next patch will allow you to dump out bottles of petrol on the ground to make a fire trail. Still working on the negative reaction (gotta save the parent object of each puddle so they get pissed at the player).

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

More fun and freedom with petrol in the new patch. Now you can throw it, pour it out at your feet and save the empty bottle, or drink it and vomit (unless you are Tin Man).

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

Got in the in-game achievement screen working for tomorrow's patch. It can fit up to 50 achievements, so I might make a Page 2 if I need it.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

Pitfighting every night in the basement beneath the Drunken Compass in Jadenbury. Chapter 2 release date early November, after the Halloween sale.

quaesta

Educated
Brigand due to being FPS was really tricky to play and get the handle on it. Warlordocracy being top down and RTWP gives it a big advantage by removing the layer of reflexes/skill that was required in Brigand, so hopefully it'll be a much easier experience that will allow for bigger success and interesting encounters.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom