Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What's that game? Don't remember the title? Ask here.

:Flash:

Arcane
Got another one,

- 2D platformer
- pre-2000, probably early to mid 90s
- you are a humanoid fox that wears a black tshirt with an orange "O" on it
- I played it on a Windows PC (probably 386 or 486 or Pentium 1-2) but looks like a DOS game
- basic 2D levels, I remember a forest with grassy ledges you jump on, really simple Mario-level gameplay
- not sure but I think you pick up O-shaped objects (same as those on the tshirt)
Except for the T-Shirt it could be Shakii the Wolf.
Might also be one of the Skunny games, if you were even more off with the animal and thought the squirrel was a fox.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Got another one,

- 2D platformer
- pre-2000, probably early to mid 90s
- you are a humanoid fox that wears a black tshirt with an orange "O" on it
- I played it on a Windows PC (probably 386 or 486 or Pentium 1-2) but looks like a DOS game
- basic 2D levels, I remember a forest with grassy ledges you jump on, really simple Mario-level gameplay
- not sure but I think you pick up O-shaped objects (same as those on the tshirt)
https://www.mobygames.com/group/9626/animals-foxes/sort:date/

dreughjiggers

Maidenhaver
2000s 3d fantasy shooter. Not Dark Messiah. I just remember a video of a combat with a giant or troll in a castle, a battle going on... That's all I've got. Could even have been a tech demo, I don't remember.

My turn:

It's a racing game. Presumably, from the late 90s/early 00s. It was a Windows game too. It came as a demo with other games, so it had only two tracks: a normal racetrack and a jungle themed one, possibly with an aztec flair. It had a top down perspective, it *felt* like a Micromachines-type game but it wasn't licensed like that. It also had Mario Kart-type powers like oil spills, bombs, turbo boosts, etc. I don't remember anything else from it.

Lokiamis

Learned
2000s 3d fantasy shooter. Not Dark Messiah. I just remember a video of a combat with a giant or troll in a castle, a battle going on... That's all I've got. Could even have been a tech demo, I don't remember.
Made me think of Project Offset, particularly the end of either of these trailers

Last edited:

:Flash:

Arcane
My turn:

It's a racing game. Presumably, from the late 90s/early 00s. It was a Windows game too. It came as a demo with other games, so it had only two tracks: a normal racetrack and a jungle themed one, possibly with an aztec flair. It had a top down perspective, it *felt* like a Micromachines-type game but it wasn't licensed like that. It also had Mario Kart-type powers like oil spills, bombs, turbo boosts, etc. I don't remember anything else from it.
The Aztec thing reminds me of Ignition, but AFAIR that didn't have powerups.
Re-Volt did have the powerups you describe, but didn't have an Aztec level.

Radiane

Cipher
It is some kind of action game from a top down view (or bird's eye) where you steer some kind of robot (there are some which you can choose from, for varying prices) and have to fight against other machieneries/enemies with patterns etc. You earn money according to your performances in the game and you can spend it between levels for repairs and for new weapons... you can even buy an insurance for your robot. There are also quite a lot of levels in the game
PC game, and from around the 90s methinks

It is some kind of action game from a top down view (or bird's eye) where you steer some kind of robot (there are some which you can choose from, for varying prices) and have to fight against other machieneries/enemies with patterns etc. You earn money according to your performances in the game and you can spend it between levels for repairs and for new weapons... you can even buy an insurance for your robot. There are also quite a lot of levels in the game
https://af.gog.com/game/metal_fatigue?as=1649904300 ? It was an RTS though

Radiane

Cipher
https://af.gog.com/game/metal_fatigue?as=1649904300 ? It was an RTS though
Nope, that's definately not it. Pretty sure this is some older dos game i was mentioning (but the game you linked to doesn't look uninteresting though).
It's most probably not in gog, and i dare to guess not in steam either (but quite a lot of dos games aren't).

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Hello, could you please help naming this:

I am looking for an older diablo-like, say, 8-12 years old or so? It was advertised as a groundbreaking ARPG; supposedly innovating the genre by introducing the keyboard-prompted killing moves. I think it was actually really the first diablo-like to come up with this idea. Ironically, while surpassing its era with a feature that appeared en-masse only much later, the game itself wasn't anything special, the finishing moves felt inconsequential, I think it was a flop. If I recall correctly the first stage of the game was played mostly on a road and around its vincinity. The game felt westerny-ish in terms of monsters, weapons, etc. it certainly wasn't the Asian folklore. That's all I can muster from my memory.

Last edited:

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Hello, could you please help naming this:

I am looking for an older diablo-like, say, 8-12 years old or so? It was advertised as a groundbreaking ARPG; supposedly innovating the genre by introducing the keyboard-prompted killing moves. I think it was actually really the first diablo-like to come up with this idea. Ironically, while surpassing its era with a feature that appeared en-masse only much later, the game itself wasn't anything special, the finishing moves felt inconsequential, I think it was a flop. If I recall correctly the first stage of the game was played mostly on a road and around its vincinity. The game felt westerny-ish in terms of monsters, weapons, etc. it certainly wasn't the Asian folklore. That's all I can muster from my memory.
Aaaah, found it finally!

Legend: Hand of God
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i4d0I8KL4Y

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Pocket tanks style game with RTS turn based elements. It has goblins in it I think. It's fully 3d. I played it on PS2 I think but not 100% sure.
RkCulj3.jpg

Maybe this one.

My turn:

Is it Death Rally?

It looked a lot like this but I don't remember the demo having music. It had proper sound effects, the sound of cars crashing was loud and the jungle level had proper jungle sound effects.

Mortmal

Arcane
Am looking for a titles for a 2 games. They're basically the same game.

1. A Subspace-like (spaceship duels), isometric view, DOS or around 2000 windows game ( it looked more like a DOS one), 2 player game that was playable on 1 computer.
There was a ground underneath the spaceships. I think graphics were really nice, there was grass and rivers and stuff and the spaceships looked like they actually fly above the ground, so they were not not just a flat 2D sprites, but there was this cool hovering effect of them moving and when they turned with an angle.

2. Same as above, but with more realistic graphics, rendered backgounds and spaceships, probably made around 2003. I think the game had FX in the name or started with letter F.
"Critical Mass" developed by the company "DOSCON Games" and released in 1995 for DOS.

Maldoror

Scholar
tl;dr weird Dinosaur VS Caveman game, pre-2000.

Looking for a "game" that would have been released prior to 2000, as it had early 90s 2D sprites and art but I was playing it on a disc on a Windows 98 or XP in the early 2000s.
All that I can remember about it is as follows. You would essentially place down a bunch of dinosaurs on a 2D screen set in a jungle or mountainous region, and you could then place cavemen. You would click "GO" or an equivalent and they would all fight. It seemed to be completely simulated, with no real input from the player to speak of. I can't even be sure that it was a full game and not just some sort of a program. It's also very likely that this was just a demo version, and I inherited a ton PC demo discs from the 90s.

May well have been a DOS game based on the graphics. It wasn't any kind of an RTS, as it was oriented like a sidescroller, except you just looked at one large screen the entire time.
I've looked around and have found nothing that even resembles this, but I know for certain that it's real.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom