Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What's that game? Don't remember the title? Ask here.

Sibylla

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Douchebag!
Trying to find a strategy game I used to play on windows 98, it probably came with entertainment packs. The map looked exactly like below screenshot with minesweeper aesthetic. You placed troops and occupied towns on the map.
YpfZYLn.jpg

Also another pc game I'm desperate for, a 3d shooter where you play as an alien kid and shoot your way out of military base, you are trying to rescue your alien dad or he's trying to pick you up with a ship...

Last edited:

Higher Animal

Arcane
I remember a screenshot on this forum of a 90’s first person game, maybe shooter, adventure, or survival game with a very alien like hud and darker, alien like aesthetic. I think mid to late 90’s.

Alfgart

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
My turn:

It's a racing game. Presumably, from the late 90s/early 00s. It was a Windows game too. It came as a demo with other games, so it had only two tracks: a normal racetrack and a jungle themed one, possibly with an aztec flair. It had a top down perspective, it *felt* like a Micromachines-type game but it wasn't licensed like that. It also had Mario Kart-type powers like oil spills, bombs, turbo boosts, etc. I don't remember anything else from it.
Motor Mash perhaps? A 1997 racing game, I think it was a PSX game with a PC port

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Alright, guys, so I've been thinking about some kinda obscure game. You play as some sort of marine in power armor. You also have a squad with you and all of you have a minigun as your main weapon (which has other attachments for it, like a barrel which grants you a faster rate of fire and even a laser one). You all look like robots in that power armor (power armor looks red if I remember correctly). Pretty much a squad based FPS.
I completely forgot what this game was called. Any ideas?

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
Old medieval rts, you start with a hero, if you send your workers to cut trees without sending the hero to kill things hiding in the trees they die. There are no animals, your soldiers/hero will fight the trees and blood falls out of them. The whole map is huge, when you send your hero over the edge of the map you swap to a different section of the map. Your primary opponent in the time I played was some guy who upgrades his buildings to look like those islamic soldier tents.. Think I played the demo or some shit. That's all I got.

Could make trap pits that kill. Walls were those garbage wooden ones, pointy at the end.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
Old medieval rts, you start with a hero, if you send your workers to cut trees without sending the hero to kill things hiding in the trees they die. There are no animals, your soldiers/hero will fight the trees and blood falls out of them.
Dried hawaiian shrooms.

Avonaeon

Arcane
Developer
My turn:

It's a racing game. Presumably, from the late 90s/early 00s. It was a Windows game too. It came as a demo with other games, so it had only two tracks: a normal racetrack and a jungle themed one, possibly with an aztec flair. It had a top down perspective, it *felt* like a Micromachines-type game but it wasn't licensed like that. It also had Mario Kart-type powers like oil spills, bombs, turbo boosts, etc. I don't remember anything else from it.
Is it maybe Ignition? Video timestamped at start of Aztec themed level.

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
Hey guys,

i am looking for a 3rd person slasher/shooter from the 90's that i only played the demo as a kid.
The protagonist looked something like Conan, and i think he had a wrist crossbow. He could climb and jump and the game reminded me of Tomb Raider when i first played it.
The demo started on a boat and you had to fight enemies on the shore.

When i try to remember the game's name only Ascalhorn comes up, but i know that was an elven city from forgotten realms so it can't be it but i think it sounds/looks similar.

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
Hey guys,

i am looking for a 3rd person slasher/shooter from the 90's that i only played the demo as a kid.
The protagonist looked something like Conan, and i think he had a wrist crossbow. He could climb and jump and the game reminded me of Tomb Raider when i first played it.
The demo started on a boat and you had to fight enemies on the shore.

When i try to remember the game's name only Ascalhorn comes up, but i know that was an elven city from forgotten realms so it can't be it but i think it sounds/looks similar.
Hey, man. Sounds like Asghan: The Dragon Slayer, to me:

Thanks mate, that was really it.
It was kind of impressive that you got it on your first try even though my description left much to be desired.

0wca

Learned
Got a challenge for you fuckers.

Here's what I remember about the game:
  • Game was somewhere from mid to late 90s maybe early 2000s
  • You flew a little space ship.
  • It was in 2D.
  • It had a pretty good physics system.
  • You used directional keys to control the ship.
  • I think there were powerups in the map.
  • It was an arena game where you had to shoot down your opponents ship(s).
  • It also had split screen multi.
  • Pretty sure you could upgrade your ship between maps, but not a 100% on that.
Good luck :cool:

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
Alright, guys, so I've been thinking about some kinda obscure game. You play as some sort of marine in power armor. You also have a squad with you and all of you have a minigun as your main weapon (which has other attachments for it, like a barrel which grants you a faster rate of fire and even a laser one). You all look like robots in that power armor (power armor looks red if I remember correctly). Pretty much a squad based FPS.
I completely forgot what this game was called. Any ideas?
Gender Wars maybe?

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria

• It was in 2D.
AUTS.

0wca

Learned

• It was in 2D.
AUTS.

VERY similar to this, but no.

Radiane

Cipher
It is some kind of action game from a top down view (or bird's eye) where you steer some kind of robot (there are some which you can choose from, for varying prices) and have to fight against other machieneries/enemies with patterns etc. You earn money according to your performances in the game and you can spend it between levels for repairs and for new weapons... you can even buy an insurance for your robot. There are also quite a lot of levels in the game
PC game, and from around the 90s methinks
Found it! It's "The Machines" (but apparently also known as Universal Warrior for Amiga)

Some guy playing the first few levels:

:Flash:

Arcane

• It was in 2D.
AUTS.

Wings?

0wca

Learned

• It was in 2D.
AUTS.

Wings?

Nah. Not a first person game.

beardalaxy

Novice
Ah, what the hell. May as well ask here if a thread exists.

Old, 2D, black and white Macintosh game, unsure of exact time period but definitely before the 2000s. You play as a little dude who has to go around a dungeon and find keys to unlock doors to progress. I can't remember if there were enemies or traps or monsters. The keys may have been in color, as the Macintosh we had was older than the see-through ones of the early 2000s but new enough to support color.
I also can't remember if it was grid based or if it had pixel movement. The graphics were super simple, like, classic Atari simple.
I realize this is incredibly vague but I haven't been able to find it.

Here's a little mockup of what I remember it looking like:
5d7c4cadaecd8bc1.png

Allanon

Augur
A difficult one, I think, since I hardly remember much.
All I can remember is that the protagonist is female, the graphics are 3D, third person camera. Probably early 2000 era games.
I vaguely remember a cut scene (in engine not prerendered I think), of two men in black suits, one says to the other "Cleves, she's merely one of the animals" while they are observing the protagonist from some distance.
Any ideas? :shredder:

:Flash:

Arcane

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
A difficult one, I think, since I hardly remember much.
All I can remember is that the protagonist is female, the graphics are 3D, third person camera. Probably early 2000 era games.
I vaguely remember a cut scene (in engine not prerendered I think), of two men in black suits, one says to the other "Cleves, she's merely one of the animals" while they are observing the protagonist from some distance.
Any ideas? :shredder:
Giants: Citizen Kabuto?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom