Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NEWS: True VTMB Patch 4.04AT JUST RELEASED

Tessera

Novice
Greetings from Tessera. :cool:

I am aware that your website has been following the progress of our True VTMB Patch,
for the game Vampire -- The Masquerade: Bloodlines.

I am posting this message to let you know that we have finally released our latest and
finest patch ever: the True VTMB Patch version 4.04AT.

As you may know, our previous versions became the focus of quite a bit of controversy, due to the way in which they had originally been compiled. That controversy should now come to an end with version 4.04AT, as it is a true, bug-fixes-only and restorative patch that was created 100 percent by Acrimonious and myself. In fact, we created this version with two primary goals in mind: first, to produce a superior patch to anything that is currently available on the web and secondly, to once and for all cut ourselves loose from any and all "carry overs" from the numerous gameplay mods being produced by Werner Spahl (aka "Wesp5").

All told, the True VTMB Patch v. 4.04AT took us nearly three months to complete. We began with a "plain vanilla" installation of VTMB -- the way it comes straight out of the retail box -- and we then proceeded to dissect the game, until we had uncovered and repaired as many problems as we could find on our own. Many things were not only fixed, but many others that were unfinished by Troika were also restored. In every case, we based our decisions not upon the myriad of conflicting requests from the players, nor from snippets of gossip and controversy, but upon actual statements and allusions made by the people who developed this wonderful game. We then packaged our results and enlisted the aid of a half-dozen volunteers, who spent a couple of weeks independently beta testing our patch and providing us with detailed feedback and bug reports.

Finally, we felt secure enough in what we had produced to release version 4.04AT to the public on Sunday, June 10th, 2007. It is finally a done deal, and we hope that VTMB fans all over the world will enjoy the fruits of our labor, as much as we are enjoying it ourselves.

You can find more information in the official thread for the True VTMB Patch ver. 4.04AT, which you can reach via the following link:

http://www.tessmage.com/forum/index.php ... 566.0.html

True VTMB Patch 4.04AT is truly a patch for Bloodlines purists and it is for those players that it was intended. If you feel that you are a player who fits into that category, then this is truly the patch that you have waited for more than two years to enjoy. We will continue to work on improving our patches, but for now, we feel that version 4.04AT establishes an excellent baseline from which to build upon in the future.

All my best,

- Tessera -
Admin.
www.tessmage.com

NOTE to moderator: you may wish to move this up to your "News" category.

Texas Red

Whiner
The last time I played I didnt spot any bugs or glitches and whatnot. The game seem already pretty perfect.

Data4 said:
Oh Jesus, not this douche again.

Why do you want to hurt his feelings?

Ander Vinz

Scholar
Acrimonious: Python script editing, fixes to coding errors, dialogue errors
and map repairs/restorations/alterations.

Tessera: Creative (RP) consultant, dialogue coach, additional Malkavian dialogue,
graphic texture adjustments and promotion/hosting of this patch.
Now it's all clear.
edit: accentuation

Tessera

Novice
The Walkin' Dude said:
The last time I played I didnt spot any bugs or glitches and whatnot. The game seem already pretty perfect.

If you've been playing the default version of the game, with only the official version 1.2 patch applied, then believe me -- it was a mess. That's why the VTMB community has been forced to try to fix it ourselves, for the past two-and-a-half years.

The Walkin' Dude said:
Data4 said:
Oh Jesus, not this douche again.

Why do you want to hurt his feelings?

As for what's his name trying to hurt my feelings, that isn't even remotely possible. :D

We produced our patch as a labor of love, because we care about this game and we wanted it to FINALLY work the way that it is supposed to. We took time out of our own lives to complete this project. We make no money from it, nor do we wish to. My website, where this patch is officially hosted, does not make any money, either. No ads, no pop-ups, no sidebar crap for you to click that earn me a nickel every time... none of that crappola at all. Now, given those facts, you can see why I can't possibly be offended -- especially by comments that have originated from nasty people who, for the most part, have contributed exactly ZERO to the gaming community, aside from personal abuse. We have done great work here. We did it for free and I'm providing it to the community at my own expense. When you stack all of that against some random and infantile comment from a total nobody... well, let's just say that I smile indulgently, and then I get back to business.

If anyone has any further questions or comments about this patch, please direct yourselves to its official thread (as listed in my OP). I simply don't have the time to consistently visit every single board, so it will be most effective if you post any correspondences regarding our work within the official thread devoted to it. That way, we can give you our undivided attention. :cool:

Vaya con carne`

Deleted member 7219

So, this restores things that were accidentally left out, or left out because of time constraints, like histories, missing xp rewards etc?

Tessera

Novice
Matt7895 said:
So, this restores things that were accidentally left out, or left out because of time constraints, like histories, missing xp rewards etc?

It depends on what it is, and whether or not we were sure that it belonged in the game. A great example, and one that everyone seems to be enjoying very much, would be the missing scene that we restored when you "ghoul" Heather in the Medical Clinic. I think you're going to love it. It has never been seen up until now, and yet Troika had nearly completed it before the game was shipped. There is even some voice acting, and so forth during that scene that had previously never been heard.

Tessera

Novice
Jinxed said:
When is the next nude skin going to be released?

If you're referring to that nude re-skin of Chunk that you asked me for, then I'll try to have that for ya before the end of the year... if you still want it, that is.

Tessera

Novice
Ander Vinz said:
Acrimonious: Python script editing, fixes to coding errors, dialogue errors
and map repairs/restorations/alterations.

Tessera: Creative (RP) consultant, dialogue coach, additional Malkavian dialogue,
graphic texture adjustments and promotion/hosting of this patch.
Now it's all clear.
edit: accentuation

Both Acrimonious and myself worked equally hard upon this project. Please feel free to contact him, if you are curious about the particulars. He can be reached through the tessmage.com forums. :cool:

Jinxed

Liturgist
Well, PR is a lot of work, make no mistake. When I was the sole person keeping Terra-Arcanum alive back in the day, PR took most of my time. Plus, just look how much time Tessera is spending on internet forums arguing with people about stuff. As a coder, you still get some gratification when you complete something, even for yourself. While in PR a lot of times it's like banging your head against a wall.

Fez

Erudite
All that PR work and yet the first reaction is "not this douche again". Probably best to leave it to the professionals.

Tessera

Novice
Jinxed said:
Plus, just look how much time Tessera is spending on internet forums arguing with people about stuff.

Almost no time at all, actually. These days, I restrict almost all of my forum posts to my own board. The reason you see me here today is because we've just released an ambitious new patch for Bloodlines, and I'm here spreading the word. If you check to see when the last time was that I posted anything on this board, you will discover that it was quite some time ago. Months ago, in fact. :cool:

Incidentally, my contributions to version 4.04AT were far more substantial than simple PR work. This patch is entirely different from any of our previous releases and it required a full-blown team effort to get it compiled within a reasonable time period. Acrimonious and myself were in constant contact, throughout every phase of the work. Examples: some textures needed to be adjusted, which is my area of expertise. Or, there were quite a few discontinuities in various quests that I needed to identify and specify changes to. There were roleplaying issues that were incongruous and likewise, I needed to identify those issues and suggest appropriate repairs for them. Also, a great deal of dialogue was repaired by me directly, as well as by Acrimonious. Some of it was actually written entirely by me, due to the fact that some of the clan dialogues were either missing or incomplete. Overall, the most grueling parts of my end of 4.04AT had to do with incessantly play-testing this patch. I'm the poor bastard who was forced to start a new game, every single time that we made any significant changes, and then play it all the way through to search for even more bugs and inconsistencies. I love VTMB... but at this point, I'd be happy to not play it again for at least a few months. :P

AZ

Liturgist
Be happy, this shows that people still play the last Troika game.

Tessera

Novice
Fez said:
All that PR work and yet the first reaction is "not this douche again". Probably best to leave it to the professionals.

Professionals get paid money.

We created this patch for free. And considering how many copies have already been downloaded -- within only two days of its release -- I'd say that the "PR work" is having its intended effect. :cool:

A bit of trivia: the previous version (4.03AT) was downloaded over 8000 times in one month, probably due to all of the controversy surrounding it. The total number of downloads was in excess of 12,000 before I finally removed it from the server. Yet, we did almost nothing at all to publicize that patch. People found their way to us via word-of-mouth, or by doing Google searches. As a matter of fact, the announcement of the original True VTMB Patch on this very board was posted by one of your own moderators. I didn't even know about it, until after he appeared on my board to inform us.

So, as you can see... it works out well for us and for the community, either way.

wjw

Augur
Some modders are building an SDK for Bloodlines. The goal is to make Bloodlines more compatible with the source code.

That way it will be way easier to "expand" the game. Anyone knows more about that?

Deacdo

Liturgist
All the BS and silliness aside: Is VTMB + 1.2 + 4.04AT better than VTMB + 1.2?

MountainWest

Scholar
What's up with all the venom? It makes me want to read the earlier threads. Good drama?

Anyway, I'm grateful for the patches. My attempt at playing VtmB 1.2 ended in bugheaven.

Ander Vinz

Scholar
armageddon t. thunderbird said:
why does a fan-made bugfix patch for a videogame require a "promoter?"
Someone has to make a drama.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom