Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Visual Novel Recomendation Thread

Tyrr

Liturgist
ANONYMOUS;CODE is out now but its horrendously overpriced.

j11h4at.jpg

You have to pay for this shit.

Kuruwin

Novice
Beat Anonymous; Code yesterday and I guess it was entertaining enough, but it's also pretty shallow and recycle's thing's from Stein's Gate. It has high production values for a VN, but the characters are one-note sort and the story is more animeish.

Tyrr

Liturgist
Beat Anonymous; Code yesterday and I guess it was entertaining enough, but it's also pretty shallow and recycle's thing's from Stein's Gate. It has high production values for a VN, but the characters are one-note sort and the story is more animeish.
I guess it also has bullshit route selection mechanics like all the other Science Adventure series titles?

Kuruwin

Novice
I guess it also has bullshit route selection mechanics like all the other Science Adventure series titles?

I have only played Stein's Gate games, but yes :D Well I guess it doesn't really have routes per say, but you get some extra scene's and bad ending's if you happen to use the load/save feature at the right time (or don't use) It's usually pretty obvious when you are suppose to use the feature to advance the main story and the game loads the right save automatically (Pollon automatically make's saves in the story) You only have to save manually in the last chapter and that one is actually bullshitty "have to check out walktrough" sort of situation.

Honestly it's completely pointless feature and it really doesn't add anything to the game.

Tyrr

Liturgist
Use a walkthrough/guide or you will have a very bad experience.
The first playthrough I always go blind.
The game will spoil the story that way, it has one of the worst systems in the series.
There are no parallel routes, only one story. But without a guide you will most likely read a later chapter without reading the chapter(s) before it.

Tyrr

Liturgist
Use a walkthrough/guide or you will have a very bad experience.
The first playthrough I always go blind.
But without a guide you will most likely read a later chapter without reading the chapter(s) before it.
Is that intended by developer? like does it unlock somethin for later playthroughs?
There is one starting chapter, x amount of middle chapters and an end chapter. All one continuous story, but every x chapter focuses on one different character.
Stuff you do in the starting chapter decides which x chapter follows the staring chapter. After you read a x chapter the game ends and you have to start again from the start. The end chapter opens after you read all the x chapters.
The problem is that the x chapters are not routes (like in Steins Gate), but happen after each other. So if you read the 3rd x chapter before you read 1&2, stuff that happened in 1&2 may be spoiled in the 3rd. It's like reading A Song of Ice and Fire, but read the books out of order.

Gerrard

Arcane
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SOULLESS 3D ABOMINATION?
Where is muh 2D sprite waifus Nitroplus?:argh:
The future is now, old man.

UNoscTf.jpg
For popularizing 3D models with anime characteristics all V tubers must hang.
I don't know what possessed you to think vtubers "popularized 3D models with anime characteristics".
PBFOqGw.png

Better get used to it though, 2D portraits are going to be AI slop soon, nobody will pay hundreds of thousands for a bunch of sprites when you can make a 3D model that is much more versatile and doesn't have to be redrawn and reanimated when you decide you want to add another outfit.

unOD1NX.jpg

Last edited:

The Jester

Cipher
Screenshot-404.png

:what:
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SOULLESS 3D ABOMINATION?
Where is muh 2D sprite waifus Nitroplus?:argh:
Does ANYTHING happens in this boring piece of shit story? I'm here for the conspiracy/psychological warfare not slice of life snoozefest.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Haven't played it but there's a visual novel in the Digimon series that was released a year or 2 ago that's suppose to be very well done and quite harsh in that most of the kids in the cast meet horrible, gruesome deaths at the talons, teeth and slimy pseudo-pods of various malevolent digimon. It's suppose to be more in the survival horror category though being a visual novel there's not a lot you can do, I imagine. Anyone play it?

Lucumo

Educated
Haven't played it but there's a visual novel in the Digimon series that was released a year or 2 ago that's suppose to be very well done and quite harsh in that most of the kids in the cast meet horrible, gruesome deaths at the talons, teeth and slimy pseudo-pods of various malevolent digimon. It's suppose to be more in the survival horror category though being a visual novel there's not a lot you can do, I imagine. Anyone play it?
Nah, but I remember a discussion about the game having a bad translation.

As for it being dark, that seems in line with the first three anime series.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom