Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Visual Novel Recomendation Thread

The Jester

Cipher
Haven't played it but there's a visual novel in the Digimon series that was released a year or 2 ago that's suppose to be very well done and quite harsh in that most of the kids in the cast meet horrible, gruesome deaths at the talons, teeth and slimy pseudo-pods of various malevolent digimon. It's suppose to be more in the survival horror category though being a visual novel there's not a lot you can do, I imagine. Anyone play it?
Digimon Survive?

The Jester

Cipher
Out now on Steam

No h scenes unfortunately

>VTuber shit
anime-gun.gif

catfood

AGAIN
Good. Fuck Yuzusoft.
I am ootl I think, why?
They never decensor their stuff.
FWIW Nekonyan will publish this one and it will demosaiced. Maybe if it does well they can convince Yuzusoft to do that too.

They've been publishing Yuzushit for years now. Some companies are stubborn like that and won't allow their games to be decensored no matter what. Plus Nekonyan doesn't have the no-mosaic policy that JAST and MangaGamer have. Oh well.

catfood

AGAIN
Pretty decent VN. I had a good time with it. I will say something that will sound controversial especially nowadays, but this is one VN where a "loose" translation did wonders for readability. I don't remember if this particular scene was properly translated or "ad-libbed", but there were many instance where I could tell, thanks to my vast knowledge of wapanese stemming from consuming hundreds of hours of weeb shit, that the characters definitely were saying something else than what the subtitles were showing, and the subtitles were much funnier than the original japanese lines. I think that some VN's, particularly rom-com ones, will suffer if they'll start to be exclusively translated by AI since they'll just be that much more boring to read. In this particular VN there were inded a few lines however where the trannyslator made some passing Drumpf joke, but overall the novel was simply hilarious and I though that NekoNyan did a stellar job with the translation.

PS: Maho = best girl

Arthandas

Prophet
<uses the same assets> REMASTERED!

Another castrated re-release, it doesn't even come close to the fanmade Realta Nua Ultimate Edition.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom