Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Returnal - PC Release Imminent

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Aloy was never attractive to begin with but somehow that just wasn't enough. They had to go the extra mile and make her fat. In Horizon 3 she will have a cleft lip and lose her hair.
Here is what she was supposed to look like in the concept art, but then liberals got a hold of her and turned her into the disgusting freak we see in the games.

hfzuzq23wbaz.png

SumDrunkGuy

Aloy was never attractive to begin with but somehow that just wasn't enough. They had to go the extra mile and make her fat. In Horizon 3 she will have a cleft lip and lose her hair.
Here is what she was supposed to look like in the concept art, but then liberals got a hold of her and turned her into the disgusting freak we see in the games.

hfzuzq23wbaz.png

Eh the face still looks weird but the bod seems fine. Still better than Zak Efron wearing a bad wig.

ADL

Prophet
Should see at least one of them at today's State of Play. They're gonna have to start dropping these faster than they have been if they want to quadruple their PC earnings this year like they told investors last week.

Ezekiel

Arcane
https://www.reddit.com/r/Returnal/comments/n6ecaq/shoulder_swapping_while_aiming_down_sights/

"Is there really no way to switch which shoulder the camera is behind while ADSing (like in the Division 2"

This is what's wrong with gamers and why third person shooters have declined so much. Instead of asking if you can swap shoulders, full stop, he asks if you can swap shoulders while holding the trigger and zooming in. What good is swapping if I still have the camera on the wrong side as I'm running around a corner or shooting more freely? Gamers have come to expect so little from third person shooters. The environments do look more open than other third person shooters, but I'm sure the camera will still get in the way.

Of course there won't be any shoulder swapping in the PC version either, even though there are plenty of available keys.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
https://www.reddit.com/r/Returnal/comments/n6ecaq/shoulder_swapping_while_aiming_down_sights/

"Is there really no way to switch which shoulder the camera is behind while ADSing (like in the Division 2"

This is what's wrong with gamers and why third person shooters have declined so much. Instead of asking if you can swap shoulders, full stop, he asks if you can swap shoulders while holding the trigger and zooming in. What good is swapping if I still have the camera on the wrong side as I'm running around a corner or shooting more freely? Gamers have come to expect so little from third person shooters. The environments do look more open than other third person shooters, but I'm sure the camera will still get in the way.

Of course there won't be any shoulder swapping in the PC version either, even though there are plenty of available keys.

always preferred center-aligned third-person camera view. It's just better, and looks cleaner.

Ezekiel

Arcane

always preferred center-aligned third-person camera view. It's just better, and looks cleaner.

But then you have to move the camera way above the character's head so as not to block the reticle/dot, which makes you feel like a spectator.

9f62b2d31fd692c59d1622a001d3e29c.jpg

Depending on the environment, there may still be times in which the character blocks what you're trying to see. I would have used a shoulder swap in the old Max Payne games if I had the option. The camera is slightly to the side of him. I do agree that modern games like Returnal have the shoulder much too skewed.

Wunderbar

Arcane
It's because of widescreen resolutions. Everything was simpler back when games were built around 4:3.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
But then you have to move the camera way above the character's head so as not to block the reticle/dot, which makes you feel like a spectator.

true enough. it's a fair point, but i actually like that so it doesn't bother me. i like how that makes it feel as if the camera is on a pivot, and when it goes up it becomes almost "isometric", and when it goes down it's angled.

toughasnails

hfzuzq23wbaz.png
The reason for the change was that the original design didn't really look in any way formidable. I don't know if it was legit or a meme but I even remember reading how one of the devs even commented that she originally looked like someone who'd cry because she broke her nail, not like someone who could pass for a warrior and survivor.
I think that her design as it ended up in the first game was a decent enough middle ground tbh, it's only in the sequel that her face looks like an obese teenage boy with a wig.

Ezekiel

Arcane
Are any of Aloy's cutscenes in the sequel pre-rendered? Asking because I wanna know if modders could ever possibly fully fix her by somehow bringing in the first game's code of her face. In the inevitable port.

hfzuzq23wbaz.png
The reason for the change was that the original design didn't really look in any way formidable. I don't know if it was legit or a meme but I even remember reading how one of the devs even commented that she originally looked like someone who'd cry because she broke her nail, not like someone who could pass for a warrior and survivor.
I think that her design as it ended up in the first game was a decent enough middle ground tbh, it's only in the sequel that her face looks like an obese teenage boy with a wig.
If that was their reason, then why are her arms in the final game still so skinny?

Horizon-Zero-Dawn-PC-Aloy-scratching-her-head.jpg

This does not look like a warrior. Arms must get tired super fast shooting all those arrows and climbing.

Last edited:

Ezekiel

Arcane
Watched some Horizon 2 dialogue snippets. Those pictures above are pretty misleading. She doesn't look that bad in the game. The developers are still retards for showing her like that before release in the first place.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
She doesn't look that bad in the game
She looks like shit, and this is not due to a mistake or lack of talent, but deliberately done to force an ugly woman upon the audience because of the political leanings of the developer.

mkultra

Augur
Watched some Horizon 2 dialogue snippets. Those pictures above are pretty misleading. She doesn't look that bad in the game. The developers are still retards for showing her like that before release in the first place.

I have the game, i've played for some hour.. she looks nothing like in those images. They scrapped it after all the backlash and memes, but they also never said anything, which is kind of funny. Guess they didn't want to admit they fucked up. She looks to 95% as in the original game i would say, but you can make her look really retarded if you grab a screen at the right moment since she has many expressions lol...

I liked the first for its combat, world and graphics looks great, second one even better... but story, characters, i think its total shit to be honest (not that there are many games i would rate high when it comes to that).

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

I have the game, i've played for some hour.. she looks nothing like in those images. They scrapped it after all the backlash and memes, but they also never said anything, which is kind of funny. Guess they didn't want to admit they fucked up. She looks to 95% as in the original game i would say, but you can make her look really retarded if you grab a screen at the right moment since she has many expressions lol...
Watched my GF play through it (well, occasionally I watched) and yeah, this.
That meme image of Aloy is just not how she actually looks in the game.

toughasnails

Watched my GF play through it (well, occasionally I watched) and yeah, this.
That meme image of Aloy is just not how she actually looks in the game.
Yeah I fell for this too. I haven't seen any vids of the game after its release.
Those pics of her face are really making the rounds to this day, so it's no surprise that people keep falling for it. I'm just not sure what those who keep posting them around hope to accomplish or if they just don't know, haven't checked the game since the release, so they just keep reposting them bc they have seen others do it.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm just not sure what those who keep posting them around hope to accomplish or if they just don't know, haven't checked the game since the release, so they just keep reposting them bc they have seen others do it.
Honestly, most people who talk unspecific shit about a game just haven't played it (or even bothered to gather more info about it) and are only regurgitating memes.
It's annoying, but not worth worrying too much over.

Wait, why are we talking about this in a Returnal thread, again? :lol:

El Presidente

Arcane
It's funny because the Returnal woman looks uglier than show Brienne of Tarth from ASOIAF, which is canonically considered a very ugly woman across the realm. Being ugly isn't enough anymore, your character has to be uglier than the ugliest to pass on in the development chain.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

hfzuzq23wbaz.png

If they wanted to make a realistic, formidable protagonist they should have made her a male.

Thats the problem with the whole "chain bikini" argument, yes having a attractive female character in skimpy clothing is not realistic and everyone knows its not realistic. But neither is having a woman being a superior warrior to a man.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
If they wanted to make a realistic, formidable protagonist they should have made her a male.
What's really pathetic is that they're implying good looking women are all whiners - when in truth they're the ones that (usually) put in the effort to stay in shape, work out regularly and watch their diet. They're the women that, at a minimum, know what it feels to sacrifice something in return for something else.

Also, there's plenty of ways they could have made her look tough and strong without her being ugly, so all this spiel is just an excuse to push the leftist cuck agenda that attractive women don't exist - championed by the unholy union of weak liberal beta men that those women reject, and ugly leftist women that are envious of their more attractive peers.

Thats the problem with the whole "chain bikini" argument, yes having a attractive female character in skimpy clothing is not realistic and everyone knows its not realistic. But neither is having a woman being a superior warrior to a man.
Yeah, it's always hilarious when some retard starts kvetching about how unrealistic chainmail bikini is, yet never touches upon the fact that women are physically weaker than men and wouldn't make for good warriors, even if clad in realistic armor.

It's all just a lame excuse to justify the left's crusade against beauty and standards.

jimster

Educated
This seemed like one of those games that only got the attention it did because it was exclusive

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom