Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Returnal - PC Release Imminent

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
In space, no-one can hear you ask to speak to the manager.

sosmoflux

Educated
Returnal is great, but it will only be a masterpiece once modders fix the protag and include nude mods. Speak truth to power.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I needed 3 tries to kill the first boss.

D24A93D9E7C8F0E5EA2F1540E8778C4BD453756F

Yeah. I was low hp after that fight.

I think the game is unbalanced af. Some weapons melt mobs while others are doing derivative damage.

There is low synergy between weapons and artefacts. Basically it's all RNG. The curse of a shitty rogue game.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
This game is awesome. It feels like an actual evolution of bullet hell shooters in a way that's relatively fresh, along with nice visuals, gameplay that's oddly similar to Nex Machina despite being in a different perspective and with an actual setting and atmosphere.

I haven't experienced any real microstutters or anything that I've noticed, but I'm also not trying to get any raytracing out of it, so there's that. Technically my card can do it, realistically, I'd probably want to invest in a newer card to have decent gameplay while having raytracing in pretty much anything.

Last edited:
Yes, this game is awesome. My favourite Housemarque is still Nex Machina, but I commend them for not going full popamole while still catering to a larger audience with this one. When they first announced they were breaking away from purely arcade-like games I thought they were just done.

I haven't played the PC version because I bought the PS5 one at full price on release, but I hope they make a lot of bank and continue to make great games.

mediocrepoet

Patron
Yes, this game is awesome. My favourite Housemarque is still Nex Machina, but I commend them for not going full popamole while still catering to a larger audience with this one. When they first announced they were breaking away from purely arcade-like games I thought they were just done.

I haven't played the PC version because I bought the PS5 one at full price on release, but I hope they make a lot of bank and continue to make great games.
Yeah I hadn't actually known it was from them, I just thought it looked cool and then later saw that comment in this thread (I think), probably from you. It made sense when I started playing it though with the teleport dash thing and the neon, etc. What a great experience. There aren't too many actiony games that I pay around full price for at all, much less ones that I don't feel ripped off about afterwards, but this is that gaming unicorn.

:greatjob:

mediocrepoet

Patron
I'm waiting for them to patch out the middle aged butch lesbian.

Yeah, I get super upset every time I think about how Samus is a woman inside her power armour too.

I still don't know what this means or how to reply to it, lmao.
It's a dumb joke about how in Returnal you play a woman you normally can't see hidden in a space suit with gameplay about shooting aliens and in Metroid (all) you play a woman you normally can't see hidden in a space suit with gameplay about shooting aliens.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
It's a dumb joke about how in Returnal you play a woman you normally can't see hidden in a space suit with gameplay about shooting aliens and in Metroid (all) you play a woman you normally can't see hidden in a space suit with gameplay about shooting aliens.
Fair enough. If I'm being serious I don't think they're comparable because everybody wants to fuck Samus. Probably even gay men want to fuck Samus. I don't think the same can be said for Returnal person.

Elttharion

Learned
Uh. Ok. Do you also get aroused when you see C-3P0 and R2-D2?

On a more serious tone while I was waiting for the game and will probably pick it once a good enough sale comes around I fear Sony just sent it to die, considering the almost zero marketing and the release window. Which is a shame considering how good the other games developed by Housemarque are. Thankfully (?) Sony ended up just acquiring them so they wont suffer too much from the possible low sales from this game.

Dexter

Arcane
They could have put a 2B-type character in it or I dno told an AI to design an "attractive female in a Space Suit" and went with the first result. As far as I'm concerned these studios send out their own games to die for being retarded. I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up with like a portion of the player-base of something like this: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1178830/Bright_Memory_Infinite/

Last edited:

mediocrepoet

Patron
On a more serious tone while I was waiting for the game and will probably pick it once a good enough sale comes around I fear Sony just sent it to die, considering the almost zero marketing and the release window. Which is a shame considering how good the other games developed by Housemarque are. Thankfully (?) Sony ended up just acquiring them so they wont suffer too much from the possible low sales from this game.

Think so? Did the earlier ports of like God of War, Days Gone, and HZD get much marketing for the PC port? All I really remember are those website banners on shops and stuff, and they're all over the place for Returnal.

I think it's more likely that they're just shovelling their titles over to PC to see how they do, but don't want to put much money into it since they're all titles that have been out on Playstation for years.

Elttharion

Learned

Think so? Did the earlier ports of like God of War, Days Gone, and HZD get much marketing for the PC port? All I really remember are those website banners on shops and stuff, and they're all over the place for Returnal.

I think it's more likely that they're just shovelling their titles over to PC to see how they do, but don't want to put much money into it since they're all titles that have been out on Playstation for years.
While thats true I think HZD had a lot of hype due to being the first AAA game Sony released on PC, Gow is a huge franchise and Days Gone had a positive word of mouth among players. None of which is true for Returnal.

mediocrepoet

Patron
While thats true I think HZD had a lot of hype due to being the first AAA game Sony released on PC, Gow is a huge franchise and Days Gone had a positive word of mouth among players. None of which is true for Returnal.
I'm not sure that I agree with that. I heard way more about Returnal than Days Gone, for instance, though this may simply be anecdotal bias since Days Gone is not really up my alley and so I'm not necessarily going to go to places it's more likely to be advertised or discussed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom